New? Arriving? (09 Aug 2021)

Required Reading:

If it is stickied, it is stickied for a reason. Please read it.

× Something wrong? Broken? Having a problem accessing the site, registering, or logging in? Post here.

NOTE: While anyone may post here, these posts will only be seen by Staff. If you try to spam us or use this section maliciously, we will ban your IP... and possibly your entire region. Save us all the hassle and don't do it.

AGAIN: THESE POSTS ARE ONLY VISIBLE TO STAFF UNTIL WE APPROVE THEM FOR VIEW. ONCE YOU POST, YOUR POST WILL NOT BE VISIBLE. EVEN TO YOU.

******** NOTICE as of SEPT 6, 2022 *******
This section is temporarily locked for PUBLIC/GUEST use to reduce spam abuse on the forums. I may reopen it in a while but for now, if you need to contact me about a problem and you don't have a working account to post in the forums; please reach out by email or on Discord. My email can be found with a little effort (reading the forums). - Kristin

login

• Kate Hart
  • Kate Hart's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 Jul 2022 05:25 #2058 by Kate Hart
login was created by Kate Hart
Hi;

I registered a while , and now when I try to login:
1. It doesn't work - at all
2. If I try to create an account, it says my e-mail address is already in use

So, any ideas? Way back in the day, when I first registered, I was asked to give up my name for an author that the Admin wanted to save for an author, which I did. Later I did in fact ask to have my account at that time deleted.. But, I would like to return to the overall Whateley Community, so I registered and have heard nothing in over a month.

Thank you.

Kate Hart

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Jul 2022 13:37 #2063 by Kristin Darken
Replied by Kristin Darken on topic login
Your account was never activated because I never received a notification that you had registered. The most likely reason for this is that you did not click the email verification link that the site mails to you when you register. Until you click that link, the system does not notify an administrator that your account needs approval and until THAT happens, the only way to activate the account is to manually go in and load your account and adjust settings and then manually inform you that it has been accomplished. "Back when you registered" I didn't have time to handle any site administrative issues for a few days and you had posted that you were giving up before I got around to looking up your registration. So I dropped the issue and let it go.

As to why your email address is reserved... that's because the incomplete registration is still in the system. Along with nearly a hundred thousand others that have happened in just the year or so since the new version of the site has gone live thanks to the thousands of spammers registrations that happen daily.

I have now activated your account and you should be able to log in. Let me know if there are further problems. Please note that I am currently away from home (and have been all month) for a new job and am dealing with admin remotely as my internet access allows... so any response other than an emergency may not be as quick as is desirable.

Fate guard you, and may the Light brighten your Way.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.033 seconds