New? Arriving? (09 Aug 2021)

Required Reading:

If it is stickied, it is stickied for a reason. Please read it.

× This is the section for questions about how specific power traits work or for an analysis of your character's power set for 'how would this be ranked'.

A MATD question

More
21 Nov 2021 17:52 #837 by Cryptic
A MATD question was created by Cryptic
Likely another out of left field question, but... -shrug-

Can anyone who is exposed to manifested matter develop MATD?

Poe girl asks Beltane to help her fill out her dress with a little of her manifested fun. Thing is Belle doesn't let the manifesting fade and the augmentations las for a bit, before Belle lets it drop. Is there a possibility that something stuck?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Nov 2021 18:09 #838 by null0trooper
Replied by null0trooper on topic A MATD question
IIRC, the last time the question came up, the simple answer was "no, only manifestors are subject to the risk."
Now, if the Poe girl is herself a manifestor (known or not), maybe?

"Stepping Out": Story link .

Story Discussion
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cryptic

More
21 Nov 2021 19:33 #839 by Cryptic
Replied by Cryptic on topic A MATD question
Ok, thanks Null. That derails some post Halloween hijinks. Need to figure out a different way to have my girl fill out a Jessica Rabbit dress.

More
22 Nov 2021 03:14 #840 by cprime
Replied by cprime on topic A MATD question
If it were Gen 2, a certain batch of chocolate would come to mind as a suitable plot device. However, the mention of Belltane implies Gen 1. That said, there may be seeds of a possible plot device in the Gen 2 incident. What if the Poe girl was given a batch of chocolate covered coffee beans, with the growth agent embedded into the chocolate, and the counter-agent embedded into the coffee beans? The Gen 2 cacao bushes had to come from somewhere after all. From what I recall reading in the forums, the Gen 2 agent was introduced in the devisor conching process rather than being contained in the beans, but the story was ambiguous enough it could have been either.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cryptic

More
22 Nov 2021 13:48 #841 by Cryptic
G2.2 is my setting, so unless she finds a forgotten stash, or someone manages to replicate it.... Note to self: Work in a girl grousing about Decoy having a better bust then her.

More
22 Nov 2021 18:02 #843 by cprime
Replied by cprime on topic A MATD question
One of the side scenes near the end of part 3 of the Laura and the Chocolate Factory is a couple characters obtaining some of the byproducts of the chocolate making experiments, with the end goal of preserving their cup sizes. Now that it has been (vividly) demonstrated that it is possible to create an agent that will augment someone's breast size, I suspect the odds are good that at least one person in the labs (likely with less than scrupulous ethics) would attempt to replicate the substance.

More
22 Nov 2021 21:55 #845 by Astrodragon
Replied by Astrodragon on topic A MATD question

One of the side scenes near the end of part 3 of the Laura and the Chocolate Factory is a couple characters obtaining some of the byproducts of the chocolate making experiments, with the end goal of preserving their cup sizes. Now that it has been (vividly) demonstrated that it is possible to create an agent that will augment someone's breast size, I suspect the odds are good that at least one person in the labs (likely with less than scrupulous ethics) would attempt to replicate the substance.

With the usual wonderful Whateley success rate...

More
22 Nov 2021 23:15 #846 by Cryptic

With the usual wonderful Whateley success rate...

I see someone sporting more then one pair of breasts around school in my story.

More
23 Nov 2021 01:32 #848 by Kristin Darken
Replied by Kristin Darken on topic A MATD question
*nods in agreement with Null*

This MATD reaction for Manifestors is one of the factors that led to my theory of integrating powers via the application of Psi on Ectoplasm. Because if a Manifestor is using pre-conceived psionic impressions to impose shape on the ectoplasm they pull into the world... and Regens use pre-conceived psionic impressions to impose shape on ectoplasm... and the only difference between the two is what that pre-conceived impression is (a physical object/armor/weapon/etc vs healthy organic tissue)... then it explains why MATD can happen. Even the best trained Psi can lose focus and if you wear a manifested armor or covering all the time, it hardly seems surprising that the 'line' of where the Manifested object ends and 'you' begin.

And so it wouldn't apply to someone else because your projected Psi isn't typically going to disrupt their aura's protection of their identity unless you're purposely attacking them and in that case, you have a clear mental picture of the difference between your weapon and their flesh.

MATD then becomes a cautionary tale of why not to push beyond your limits when you are fatigued or poorly trained... instead of just something that 'randomly' happens.

Fate guard you, and may the Light brighten your Way.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cryptic, Dreamer

Time to create page: 0.064 seconds