New? Arriving? (09 Aug 2021)

Required Reading:

If it is stickied, it is stickied for a reason. Please read it.

× This section is open for non-Whateley topics. Please minimize political, religious, or other button topics. We won't punish anyone for making a comment, but we would prefer to avoid massive arguments and trolling is frowned on. There are plenty of other places to go for that... and it is not conducive to this community for us to put up with it. If a moderator / staff / canon author says stop, please do. If we have to ask you multiple times, we may ban you. The community / project is more important than any one person's 'free choice' chasing people away. Disagree? Think we treated you unfairly? Calm down. Come back and talk to us rationally. We aren't monsters. But the site isn't a democracy... and making people leave because you make it less fun to be here? Not acceptable.

AMA - Ask Us Anything

More
02 Apr 2022 06:47 #1553 by DanZilla
I thought I would start a thread for questions about the site, the World of Whateley, the Stories, the Authors, etc. We won't spoil stories if we can help it... or at least not too much and people, of course, have the option to answer or not... but ask away and we'll try to answer what we can.

Please remember to be respectful and to follow the rules of the Forum.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dan Formerly Domoviye

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Apr 2022 14:15 #1554 by cprime
Replied by cprime on topic AMA - Ask Us Anything
This question is for any of the authors who care to answer - what is your favorite Whateley story arc?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dan Formerly Domoviye

More
02 Apr 2022 14:28 #1555 by Astrodragon
Replied by Astrodragon on topic AMA - Ask Us Anything

This question is for any of the authors who care to answer - what is your favorite Whateley story arc?

Do you mean ones we didn't write ourselves?

More
02 Apr 2022 15:58 #1556 by cprime
Replied by cprime on topic AMA - Ask Us Anything

I'll leave that up to the respondent(s). I suppose that depending on which hat you're wearing at a given moment (creator vs collaborator vs consumer), the selection might be different. I also suppose that it might be difficult to pick just one arc, given the massive archive that's accumulated over the decades.

More
02 Apr 2022 16:03 #1557 by Astrodragon
Replied by Astrodragon on topic AMA - Ask Us Anything

I'll leave that up to the respondent(s). I suppose that depending on which hat you're wearing at a given moment (creator vs collaborator vs consumer), the selection might be different. I also suppose that it might be difficult to pick just one arc, given the massive archive that's accumulated over the decades.

Well, my favourite one that I wrote 'As e'er beneath a waning moon was haunted'.
My favourite other story is the Imp series by Morpheus, because its basically fun and insane

More
02 Apr 2022 21:29 #1562 by Dan Formerly Domoviye
For work that isn't mine it depends on my mood.
Serious and angsty, Buffallo Girl by Elrod.
Wanting to be amused, anything with Imp.
Action oriented, Eldritch is always good.

For my own work. Its easy, Making A Noise In The World is the only completed arc I have.

More
02 Apr 2022 22:02 #1563 by Camospam
Replied by Camospam on topic AMA - Ask Us Anything
Favourite?
Most stories by Starwolf, I found his world building engaging and developed interesting plots.
Character?
Imp, there’s just something about crazy. Plus she reminds me of an art teacher I had in high school.

Least favourite is my own work, I am my own worst critic.

More
03 Apr 2022 04:51 #1565 by Kristin Darken

I'm going to be a little self-serving and say the GEO Arc which I introduced to the Universe and which numerous authors have included in their work in one way or another. It's going to (finally) get some camera time here in the near (relatively) future, now that the Gen 1 timeline has moved into range of the Spring of Year 2. You'll finally know the reason behind the much hinted at lack of MMORPG industry in Gen 2... and learn how it is that GEO does what it does... and why.

My favorite Arc introduced by others? I really enjoy the Combat Finals vignettes. They're not really an 'arc' in the traditional sense, but I love the way we've shown off this one aspect of the Universe in a way that reveals numerous characters who might otherwise just be in the background.

Fate guard you, and may the Light brighten your Way.

More
03 Apr 2022 16:06 #1566 by Morpheus
Replied by Morpheus on topic AMA - Ask Us Anything
I don't think I have a favorite story arc among other writers, though there are definitely some characters I enjoy reading about more than others. But of my own stories, my favorites are the ones about Imp. She's a lot of fun to write and always excites my muse.

More
20 May 2022 23:17 #1780 by EnemyOfFun
Replied by EnemyOfFun on topic AMA - Ask Us Anything
There's too many to decide!

Don't make me angry, you wouldn't like me when I'm angry :P

More
21 May 2022 00:02 #1781 by Rosalie Redd
Replied by Rosalie Redd on topic AMA - Ask Us Anything
Favorite storyline? I'm going to have to say Absinthe's introduction.

More
21 May 2022 03:40 #1782 by null0trooper
Replied by null0trooper on topic AMA - Ask Us Anything

I think it's no surprise that I might be a fan of the Fabulous Imp and her growing family, but I also enjoyed Kettlekorn's "Dance of the Suzie Q Fairy" as a literal "What if?" story. In Gen 2, I've enjoyed Wasamon's "Keeping Cool" / "Quantum Suicides" arc.

Domo's "How Far" and JG's "Book of Darwin" are still gut punches, but if our heroes are so much more capable then so too shall be our demons.

As a "collaborator", let's just say that I think you'll be surprised how some characters manage to interact.

"Stepping Out": Story link .

Story Discussion
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dreamer

More
03 Jun 2022 16:52 #1861 by Phoenix Spiritus

Probably a weird way to answer this but the characters (and therefore stories) I found easiest to write / write against were Fey, Jade and Tabby Cat as the way they had already been written meant I already felt I knew these characters.

Oh and Aquerna, but everybody likes Aquerna.

More
03 Jun 2022 17:01 #1862 by Dan Formerly Domoviye

I found Miasma easier to write than Aquerna.
Maybe that says something about me.

More
03 Jun 2022 18:30 #1863 by Rosalie Redd
Replied by Rosalie Redd on topic AMA - Ask Us Anything

I found Miasma easier to write than Aquerna.
Maybe that says something about me.

Fart jokes are easy.

Time to create page: 0.078 seconds