New? Arriving? (09 Aug 2021)

Required Reading:

If it is stickied, it is stickied for a reason. Please read it.

× Stories about the Original Timeline (which runs from Fall 2006 to Spring 2010) can be found here. Also in the OT are those stories that are outside the main time frame set for them but whose protagonists are part of the student body during this time.

Diamonds are a Vamp's Best Friend

More
16 Nov 2021 01:00 - 16 Nov 2021 01:12 #799 by DanZilla
Diamonds are a Vamp's Best Friend (Part 5) is now available

Link
Last edit: 16 Nov 2021 01:12 by DanZilla.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Nov 2021 04:54 #800 by Dreamer
SPOILER ALERT
Below is a stream of conscious commentary I type up as I read the story. There will be details from the story included in it. If you have not read the story yet and don't wish to have details of it spoiled, read no further.

Diamonds Are a Vamp's Best Friend Part 5 comments
Warning: Spoiler!

Thank You for the story comments appreciated and help me know they are being read and liked. :-) Note: My story comments can't nor are trying to replace reading the stories, simply my way of enjoying them and letting the authors know I enjoy them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bek D Corbin, null0trooper

More
16 Nov 2021 05:44 - 16 Nov 2021 05:50 #801 by null0trooper

That is Madam Hex, poor Hexwing has a mom that hot and probably hears it all the time from a lot of his friends. Marco aka Brainstorm did work for Jadis and now Madam Hex wants her phone number so she can chat with Jadis. $100 to pass along a message to Jadis, hope it isn't something that will get Jadis upset at the messenger.

kismet99 is named in the next scene as 'Hexery'. I'm guessing from the ID that she's a wee bit young to have a teenaged son.

Not to be confused with 'Witchfire', who also has a cat familiar and a six-year-old son.

We have seen Madame Hex and Arsène before, in "The Final Trump"

Two people, a woman and a teenage boy stepped out. The woman was in one of those uncertain primes, beautiful in a gamine way that she wasn’t quite too old for, lithe, and wearing a trendy clubbing outfit that she would have been too old for, if not for her raw panache. The boy was a half-head taller than she was, and had the long, lean looks that you usually associate with intense young intellectuals.
“Dear, this is Josephine Pellegrini-St. Germaine, also known as ‘Madam Hex’. This is her son, Arsène. They made a bit of a splash in the news recently, too,” Mara added to Sophia.

"Stepping Out": Story link .

Story Discussion
Last edit: 16 Nov 2021 05:50 by null0trooper.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dreamer, joreymay

More
16 Nov 2021 06:23 - 16 Nov 2021 06:25 #802 by Dreamer

kismet99 is named in the next scene as 'Hexery'. I'm guessing from the ID that she's a wee bit young to have a teenaged son.

We have seen Madame Hex and Arsène before, in "The Final Trump"

Two people, a woman and a teenage boy stepped out. The woman was in one of those uncertain primes, beautiful in a gamine way that she wasn’t quite too old for, lithe, and wearing a trendy clubbing outfit that she would have been too old for, if not for her raw panache. The boy was a half-head taller than she was, and had the long, lean looks that you usually associate with intense young intellectuals.
“Dear, this is Josephine Pellegrini-St. Germaine, also known as ‘Madam Hex’. This is her son, Arsène. They made a bit of a splash in the news recently, too,” Mara added to Sophia.

Okay, brainfart or something as my brain read it as kismet98 instead of 99. But Hexery is the nickname Jadis gave to Madam Hex as she was asking Brainstorm about her and the message she had him deliver to Jadis.

“Okay, I can respect that… So, what can you tell me about this ‘Hexery’ chick?”

Right after he delivered the message from Madam Hex.

Thank You for the story comments appreciated and help me know they are being read and liked. :-) Note: My story comments can't nor are trying to replace reading the stories, simply my way of enjoying them and letting the authors know I enjoy them.
Last edit: 16 Nov 2021 06:25 by Dreamer.

More
16 Nov 2021 07:05 #803 by null0trooper

Okay, brainfart or something as my brain read it as kismet98 instead of 99.

I bolded the 99 only to highlight that in a WAA ident, those last two numbers usually represent graduation year. For example, Witchfire92 finished school in 1992.
If she graduated in 1999 and it's 2007, how old should her son be?

Story Discussion
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dreamer

More
16 Nov 2021 07:26 #804 by Dreamer

Okay, brainfart or something as my brain read it as kismet98 instead of 99.

I bolded the 99 only to highlight that in a WAA ident, those last two numbers usually represent graduation year. For example, Witchfire92 finished school in 1992.
If she graduated in 1999 and it's 2007, how old should her son be?
Ah, I had forgotten that detail about WAA ident. If Madam Hex isn't kismet99 I wonder who is and why she used that particular student I.D. for the message to Jadis.

More
16 Nov 2021 11:21 #807 by Dan Formerly Domoviye
Jadis just can't catch a break can she?

Wonderfully chaotic as usual Bek.

More
16 Nov 2021 16:45 #808 by Cryptic
I am real glad Nikki and/or any of the other Whateley Sidhe/Fae are anywhere near this mess with this Anti-King of the blah blah blah. Especially if that joke was a faux Fae type, but the description makes me wonder WTF? is that dolts story.

And I second Dan's post.
Jadis, what penance are you paying to or through Murphy's slap stick?

More
17 Nov 2021 02:23 #811 by Commander Knight
Hmm, Wulfin the Purifier. Two words: Oh s***.

"To be continued" *eye twitches* Why must you torture us!!! :-P

More
17 Nov 2021 04:42 #816 by null0trooper

"To be continued" *eye twitches* Why must you torture us!!! :-P

At the very least, you can look forward to reading the background to what AJ and his Mom were talking about before he left for school.
Or maybe it's all in the timing?

Story Discussion

More
17 Nov 2021 15:13 #818 by Astrodragon
One of these days Jadis will have a sane, normal day, and probably spend all of it waiting for the other shoe to drop.

More
17 Nov 2021 15:25 #819 by Dan Formerly Domoviye

One of these days Jadis will have a sane, normal day, and probably spend all of it waiting for the other shoe to drop.
A vignette of this would be really fun to read.
Lots of things that seem to be important and she jumps at it, thinking the worst, only to find out its already been solved or not actually important. By the end of the day she's a nervous wreck and a friend does something stupid just so Jadis can feel normal.

More
18 Nov 2021 21:55 #824 by cprime
Thanks Bek, for a good excuse to (re)read the entire Diamonds series. I'd kinda forgotten just how much over the top action was contained within the stories. Said action is part of the reason the arc is so enjoyable.

I think my favorite character out of part 5 might be Ashley. Something tells me that her view of Melody Havoc mirrors Jadis' view.

Looking forward to part 6, as I'm fairly certain the new player on the stage has very strong views about the Drow.

More
19 Nov 2021 00:09 #825 by null0trooper

Looking forward to part 6, as I'm fairly certain the new player on the stage has very strong views about the Drow.

Views that the Crown Princess of Karedonia is sure to entertain with all due tact and utter aplomb.

Story Discussion

More
19 Nov 2021 19:15 #828 by Astrodragon
Don't you mean utter a-bomb? :P

Time to create page: 0.086 seconds