New? Arriving? (09 Aug 2021)

Required Reading:

If it is stickied, it is stickied for a reason. Please read it.

× This section is for Second Generation stories, predominantly from the student body from Fall of 2016 to Spring of 2020.

Tales from the Dorms: The Questors of Wey-Talleigh

More
14 Sep 2021 01:33 #498 by null0trooper

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Sep 2021 02:06 #499 by mhalpern
So there's a junior high student named Hypergolic, THAT'S gotta be interesting

Micro scenes and bad ideas are freely adoptable

More
14 Sep 2021 02:09 #500 by Commander Knight

Sounds rather reactive and probably explosive.

More
14 Sep 2021 02:18 #501 by mhalpern

Hopefully not toxic, though most hypergolics are the question is really how hypergolic, on a scale of HTP to FOOF or ClF3?

More
14 Sep 2021 02:43 #502 by null0trooper

"...Near them was one boy from Hawthorne, who wore a conspicuously odd pair of plastic gloves over his hands.

'Gotta be sure I don't, ah, mix the wrong stuff,' the boy, Hypergolic, managed to not-explain. Judging from the singes on his clothes, Calliope wasn't going to pry."

"Stepping Out": Story link .

Story Discussion
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dreamer, mhalpern

More
14 Sep 2021 02:55 #503 by mhalpern

"...Near them was one boy from Hawthorne, who wore a conspicuously odd pair of plastic gloves over his hands.

'Gotta be sure I don't, ah, mix the wrong stuff,' the boy, Hypergolic, managed to not-explain. Judging from the singes on his clothes, Calliope wasn't going to pry."

Ahh so closer to NTO?

More
14 Sep 2021 02:59 #504 by null0trooper

Ahh so closer to NTO?

Or hydrazine. Did you know they sell that stuff in glass bottles?

"Stepping Out": Story link .

Story Discussion

More
14 Sep 2021 06:04 #505 by Wasamon
Yanno, it's always interesting to see what people choose to comment on, but I was not expecting it to be a minor NPC mention.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mhalpern

More
14 Sep 2021 06:23 - 14 Sep 2021 06:24 #506 by Dreamer
SPOILER ALERT
Below is a stream of conscious commentary I type up as I read the story. There will be details from the story included in it. If you have not read the story yet and don't wish to have details of it spoiled, read no further.

Tales from the Dorms comments
Warning: Spoiler!

Thank You for the story comments appreciated and help me know they are being read and liked. :-) Note: My story comments can't nor are trying to replace reading the stories, simply my way of enjoying them and letting the authors know I enjoy them.
Last edit: 14 Sep 2021 06:24 by Dreamer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: null0trooper, Wasamon, mhalpern

More
14 Sep 2021 09:46 - 14 Sep 2021 16:14 #507 by Wasamon
Glad you enjoyed the story, Dreamer! Funny enough, Emi and Kana were two characters I made up years before but never got to use, so they were on hand when I began "planning" this story.

"Planning" in quote marks because practically everything else about it was made up on the spot, including all the other PCs and Jacob. I have some notes and outlines in a notebook, but when I went back to look at them after wrapping up the story, I realized that I'd changed everyone's names and some of their character class details.

For fun, here's a video from Black Dragon Gaming that imagines the goddess Hariti (Emi's patron) as a Pathfinder deity:

If you check the comments section there, you'll even find the original version of Emi's backstory. It's not too different from in the story, only with some metagame notes that would not have fit with the presentation here.
Last edit: 14 Sep 2021 16:14 by DanZilla.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dreamer

More
14 Sep 2021 13:48 #508 by Cryptic
Is it bad I was trying to work out how the all the diva's back stories all could be true?

More
14 Sep 2021 16:22 #509 by mhalpern

Yanno, it's always interesting to see what people choose to comment on, but I was not expecting it to be a minor NPC mention.

Im a space nut, also while i did read the whole thing, i was kinda waiting for Dreamer's post to help unpack and make sure i have everything in the right order and to help see if I missed something. Still I was introduced to "Ignition! An informal history of chemical rocket propulsion" over on Ars Technica, and certain chapters there, particularly " Halogens and Deep Space" are favorites to reference on Space article comments.

More
14 Sep 2021 16:33 #510 by mhalpern

Ahh so closer to NTO?

Or hydrazine. Did you know they sell that stuff in glass bottles?

hydrazine probably wouldn't do well with plastic, most plastics being slightly acidic and hydrazine being a powerful base, there are exceptions of course, as a lot of spacecraft use bladder tanks, but you have options on the oxidizer side, so long as you don't go to chlorine or fluorine based oxidizers.

More
14 Sep 2021 17:04 #511 by mhalpern
I do like how Chessa ships her own friends, honestly I'm wondering how long it will take Saumer to find out Erica's secret,

More
14 Sep 2021 18:01 #512 by Court
SPOILER ALERT
Below is commentary that I wrote up after I read the story. There will be details from the story included in it. If you have not read the story yet and don't wish to have details of it spoiled, read no further.

Dreamer, thank you for all your commentaries, and I apologize for stealing your intro.

Tales from the Dorms: The Questors of Wey-Talleigh comments
Warning: Spoiler
Warning: Spoiler!

Time to create page: 0.111 seconds