Displaying items by tag: Gen2

Tuesday, 25 October 2022 00:00

Home Sweet Homely

A Whateley Academy Tale

Home Sweet Homely Home

by

null0trooper

"Try imagining a place where it's always safe and warm
Come in, she said
I'll give ya shelter from the storm"

— Bob Dylan

A Whateley Academy Tale

Triptych
Part 3: Arabesque pour une Garrison Chinoise

by

null0trooper

Shadowing an office-bound employee should be child's play for an AI capable of tapping any electronic device the employee touches. Colombine has two weeks to learn the high-stakes game said employee is playing. How Benjamin plans to cash in his chips and who's looking over his shoulder remain a mystery.

Monday, 27 June 2022 12:00

Triptych, Part 2: Count Zero Concerto

A Whateley Academy Tale

Triptych
Part 2: Count Zero in Concerto

by

null0trooper

Just before midnight, January 6, 2017,
Elmendorf Air Force Base

"We are on standby for take-off. The seatbelt light is on. Passengers, please return to your seats if you haven't already."

Benjamin was still dead to the world, and if it weren't for his seatbelt, he would have slid out of his seat by now. Colombine amused herself by sabotaging Kota Kobayakawa's attempts to call out on his phone despite security restrictions. The various numbers he'd tried to reach could be extended into a useful exercise in social network analysis. Once they were clear of the air base and Anchorage, she let him try his luck with the extensive cell coverage in the Yukon, Northwest Territories, and Nunavut.

Monday, 13 June 2022 12:00

Triptych, Part 1: Solo Bransle for A Minor

A Whateley Academy Tale

Triptych
Part 1: Solo Bransle for A Minor

by

null0trooper

In which Benjamin Keeling and his personal assistant, Colombine, set off on the journey to his new school. He's traveling in good company and high spirits, even as he dreams of another life.

Tuesday, 07 June 2022 00:00

Regret

Note: I checked a number of hospitals concerning rules and volunteering jobs, using the ones that worked best with the story. So it's a bit of a hodgepodge, and I pushed at least one or two limits, but it fit the story, which is ultimately the most important thing.

Also if you're looking to help your community, seriously consider volunteering at a hospital. They need the help and it can be very rewarding.

Tagged under
Tuesday, 31 May 2022 00:00

Fire Over Phoenix (Part 2)

We don't normally provide warning with our stories but thought that one might be warranted for this one since it deals with something we've not really covered in our stories before and that is Institutional Cannibalism. I know it's an odd phrase but if it sounds like this would disturb you we wanted you to be aware of it.

Monday, 16 May 2022 20:00

So Not A Date (A Parents Day Incident)

A Whateley Academy Tale

So Not A Date
(A Parents Day Incident)

by

null0trooper

Parents Day! A Whateley tradition devised to show families how their little monsters are settling in amidst the many challenges of an enriching academic environment. In some cases, the message is "See? Our buildings are still standing. Do you think you could do as well with that kid of yours for what you're paying?"

Benjamin Keeling's only visiting on a job. It's only a coincidence that he's visiting today, and it's not like he's checking up on anyone. Nope!

Monday, 02 May 2022 19:00

Fire Over Phoenix (Part 1)

Tuesday, 29 March 2022 00:00

Making a Noise in the World (Part 3)

Forte's actions have consequences she never expected.

People and plans are in motion,

Choices must be made.

Will she make the right ones?

Tuesday, 01 March 2022 01:00

Cat And Mouse: Part 1

Tuesday, 22 February 2022 01:00

A Dragon's Tail (Part 1)

Tagged under
Page 1 of 7
  • A Good Man (Part 3)

• Yesthattabitha 1 month ago
      Oh my. This is a lovely story. So much heartache and pain but told very well. An Epic saga told in ...
  • Home Sweet Homely

• Dan Formerly Domoviye Dan Formerly Domoviye 1 month ago
      Great story.
  • Maiden Starlight 1: Maiden Voyage

• Amethyst Amethyst 1 month ago
      Thanks, Horrid. I'm glad that people enjoyed my first contribution to WAU. You'll definitely see ...

• Amethyst Amethyst 1 month ago
      Thanks, Mal, I've really glad that you enjoyed it.

• Horrid 1 month ago
      Dear Amethyst: TY for the maiden starlight story. I really enjoyed it and hope i will see more of ...

• Mal 1 month ago
      Wow! Well done *S*

• Amethyst Amethyst 2 months ago
      Thanks everyone, I'm glad that you've all enjoyed my contribution so far and we will see more in the ...

• Kerafym 2 months ago
      More please! I want Maiden Starlight to take down the mobsters (monsters?) that hurt her parents!
  • Sins Of The Father (Part 2)

• Kerafym 5 days ago
      Damn this is good!
  • Slipping Away

• Dan Formerly Domoviye Dan Formerly Domoviye 3 weeks ago
      I'm willing to admit I cried a few times as I was writing this story. It was a tough one.

• jneko 3 weeks ago
      This brought me to tears multiple times and I had to stop reading a few times as a result.

• Dan Formerly Domoviye Dan Formerly Domoviye 4 weeks ago
      That's me happy story fun guy.

• Astrodragon Astrodragon 4 weeks ago
      I do so love a cheerful story and a happy ending!
  • The Miracle Legacy

• Naldru 1 month ago
      I fully understand your antipathy to typographical errors, viewing them as signs of malignant spirits ...
  • Under the Sea (Part 2)