New? Arriving? (09 Aug 2021)

Required Reading:

If it is stickied, it is stickied for a reason. Please read it.

Non-Whateley Scenes

More
10 Sep 2021 15:21 #479 by Cryptic
Non-Whateley Scenes was created by Cryptic
I didn't feel right dropping this on the other thread, but still wanted to share. I kind of blame Diana as I was binging her Cross Purposes stories the last few days with RWBY on in the background.

~~

"Once, not to long ago there was a town built along the cost in the kingdom of Vale. It was an idealistic town, Human and Faunus were welcome, nice weather, cesarean beaches, the town was naturally well protected, jobs for those who wanted them. The jobs came from extracting a mineral rich bearing ore from the earth. From this ore came the development of new technology, But there was more buried under the town, besides vains of Dust crystals. A Great Beast of Grimm slumbered deep below the valley that the town was built in. As time pass Grimm began to appear in this town. Few at first, and of the smallest variety, they kept to the shadows only attacking those that discovered their nests. But they didn't stay small, or hidden. They became more bold and began to strike out more openly. Homes became fortresses, few ventured out alone. The mayor brought in a Huntsman to protect the town and the Huntsmen brought with him an apprentice. At first they fought the Grimm alone, but a few from the town stepped up. The first two were no one special, but they couldn't not do something
And in time they did become something special, as well as rallying more people to the towns defense.

But they were fighting a holding action. It seemed that for every ten Grimm the fell, fifteen took their place. The group explored the tunnels under the town to find the source of the Grimm invasion and found the Great Beast of Grimm that slumbered. The Defenders were only managing a holding action."

The one eyed veteran Huntsman paused and took a sip from a can of fruit juice, grimacing, as he hadn't realized it wasn't the one he had thought came from the machine. Setting the can back on his desk, he glanced at the clock ticking away over the door. He'd have to tighten this story up to get the story done by the end of class. His single dark eyes swept over the gathered students, wondering if he had ever been that naive or young. His gaze stopped on one girl, her hair streaked with silver-white. There was something important there, his Semblance told him, but he didn't have enough information yet.

The silver haired girls squirmed under his scrutiny, and he gave her a lopsided smile that caused laughter to twinkle in his eyes. His smile made some of the children shudder in their seats, unnerved by it. But the silver hailed girl just returned it, intriguing him more as he could see in her eyes what he saw in his own eye every morning. "What happened to them, Professor?" she asked raising her hand.

"I was getting to that. I'd either be a very good or very poor storyteller if I left you waiting for the ending to the story when class ended." he replied. "The beginning of the end for the town began when a giant snake ate the mayor. It lasted a few years longer, the Defenders of the town aided briefly by people from the government of Vale. But that turned to shit and lives were lost. The town Defenders were almost lost. Long story short," He gave the kids his lopsided smile again, but this time there was no humor in his eyes. "Some idiot got into his head to awaken the Great Beast. By this time the town was mostly deserted. The Defenders did sacrificed themselves, but in the end it was to much and the beast awakened." He paused to touch a picture frame on his desk. "The Apprentice came up with a risky plan, but before she could undertake it herself another took her place, giving his life to take down the Great Beast. The Defenders barely escaped as the town collapsed." He let out a pained breath. "They stuck together for a time, but as groups will they eventually went their separate ways. But none stopped fighting, stopped defending the people. Though the way changed. Some decided the front lines weren't for them, and so began seeking ways to better arm those that were. And some, when they found themselves in need of a rest and a reminder of why they fight, began raising up the next generation of defenders." The bell rang then and he quarked a grin. "I timed that well."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.037 seconds