New? Arriving? (09 Aug 2021)

Required Reading:

If it is stickied, it is stickied for a reason. Please read it.

× This section is open for non-Whateley topics. Please minimize political, religious, or other button topics. We won't punish anyone for making a comment, but we would prefer to avoid massive arguments and trolling is frowned on. There are plenty of other places to go for that... and it is not conducive to this community for us to put up with it. If a moderator / staff / canon author says stop, please do. If we have to ask you multiple times, we may ban you. The community / project is more important than any one person's 'free choice' chasing people away. Disagree? Think we treated you unfairly? Calm down. Come back and talk to us rationally. We aren't monsters. But the site isn't a democracy... and making people leave because you make it less fun to be here? Not acceptable.

Orville Season 3 Hype Train

More
01 Sep 2021 02:29 #355 by Crazy Minh
Anytime between now and December, we could be seeing the long-awaited third season of The Orville, the only true successor to Star Trek (1965-2005). Overall, it is going to be a shorter season with longer episodes, and I am stoked for it! A partial episode title list has been released, and can be viewed over at the Orville wiki: .

I'm particularly interested in "A Tale of Two Topas" and "Electric Sheep"; those look like interesting episodes.

Meanwhile, the other franchise is getting more drek that I don't give a shit about.

But more Orville!

Yay!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Sep 2021 02:30 #356 by Crazy Minh
't I add frelling links?

More
01 Sep 2021 02:30 - 01 Sep 2021 02:33 #357 by Crazy Minh
OK, so not a profanity filter

Da fuq

OK, so that works.

Why did it cut off the first half of my last post then?
Last edit: 01 Sep 2021 02:33 by Crazy Minh.

More
01 Sep 2021 03:09 #358 by Kristin Darken

It's an anti-spammer filter. Preventing people who have just created an account to immediately start posting a bunch of links. After you have made a certain number of posts, the system will allow you to post links. In the meantime, pretend its practice for you to chill your impetuous (and often abrasive) commenting down to levels that won't get you manually 'filtered'.

Fate guard you, and may the Light brighten your Way.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Commander Knight, Mister D

More
01 Sep 2021 03:23 #359 by Commander Knight

It's an anti-spammer filter. Preventing people who have just created an account to immediately start posting a bunch of links. After you have made a certain number of posts, the system will allow you to post links. In the meantime, pretend its practice for you to chill your impetuous (and often abrasive) commenting down to levels that won't get you manually 'filtered'.

Why did that make me laugh?

More
01 Sep 2021 03:34 - 01 Sep 2021 03:35 #360 by Kristin Darken
Sick sense of humor?

Or worse... a healthy sense of humor?

:agtsmith:

Fate guard you, and may the Light brighten your Way.
Last edit: 01 Sep 2021 03:35 by Kristin Darken.

More
01 Sep 2021 14:05 #366 by Cryptic
Replied by Cryptic on topic Orville Season 3 Hype Train
I'm not sure my feelings toward s3. I really didn't care much for s2. It had good eps, but over all... Meh.

RE the other franchise:
Decks I'm looking forward to, but Picard shit hard on the franchise and fans so I'll pass on s2.
Disco, I'm as season behind, so I have no current opinion.
The new stuff I'm not overly enthused, but I will not prejudge, save for Prodigies. They're jumping on the Clone Wars/Rebels look, which turns me off. And a return of Janeway? PASS. If she's the model for captains, that explains Picard.

More
09 Sep 2021 01:33 #473 by jmhyp
Replied by jmhyp on topic Orville Season 3 Hype Train

RE the other franchise: Decks I'm looking forward to, but Picard shit hard on the franchise and fans so I'll pass on s2.

I treat most new Trek as fanfic. Picard was good fanfic, great fan service.

More
09 Sep 2021 02:58 #474 by Rosalie Redd

Picard was good fanfic, great fan service.

I wouldn't say "good fanfic"... Androids that can use Vulcan telepathic abilities because they "studied them" ... That's not how it works. And the gratuitous deaths of characters, some like a certain ex-drone, that were much loved.

More
13 Sep 2021 02:30 #495 by jmhyp
Replied by jmhyp on topic Orville Season 3 Hype Train

Picard was good fanfic, great fan service.

I wouldn't say "good fanfic"... Androids that can use Vulcan telepathic abilities because they "studied them" ... That's not how it works. And the gratuitous deaths of characters, some like a certain ex-drone, that were much loved.

That is high quality fanfic given how some fanfic is.

Time to create page: 0.065 seconds