New? Arriving? (09 Aug 2021)

Required Reading:

If it is stickied, it is stickied for a reason. Please read it.

× This section is open for non-Whateley topics. Please minimize political, religious, or other button topics. We won't punish anyone for making a comment, but we would prefer to avoid massive arguments and trolling is frowned on. There are plenty of other places to go for that... and it is not conducive to this community for us to put up with it. If a moderator / staff / canon author says stop, please do. If we have to ask you multiple times, we may ban you. The community / project is more important than any one person's 'free choice' chasing people away. Disagree? Think we treated you unfairly? Calm down. Come back and talk to us rationally. We aren't monsters. But the site isn't a democracy... and making people leave because you make it less fun to be here? Not acceptable.

This Quest is Bullshit

More
04 Oct 2021 11:30 - 04 Oct 2021 11:32 #597 by Valentine
That is the title of book one of comedic LitRPG novel I picked up on Amazon Unlimited. It only had a couple of bad reviews, none of which actually made it sound bad.

I was rather surprised when a character swore "Ayla's tits!" Apparently one of the goddesses is named Ayla and people swear by her tits.
Later one the MC and her companion, a 6'6", 250 lb Fire mage and son of the blacksmith are joined by two more characters. Alex, a 6', 200 lb female Soldier, and Preston the only male Acolyte, soon to be Priestess, of Ayla.

It got me wondering if the author, J. P. Valentine (no relation), visited Crystal Hall or is it just a really weird coincidence.
Last edit: 04 Oct 2021 11:32 by Valentine.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Oct 2021 16:57 #599 by Schol-R-LEA
Replied by Schol-R-LEA on topic This Quest is Bullshit
If I had to guess, I would expect it was a Clan of the Cave Bear reference if anything.

More
05 Oct 2021 04:43 #604 by Valentine
Replied by Valentine on topic This Quest is Bullshit
I'm sure it's from there, or somewhere else. I wouldn't have posted anything if it had just been "Ayla's tits!", but with the large woman named Alex, and the only male priestess in the order it was just enough to speculate.

And if you are interested in comedic LitRPG novels, it's worth checking out.

Time to create page: 0.072 seconds