New? Arriving? (09 Aug 2021)

Required Reading:

If it is stickied, it is stickied for a reason. Please read it.

× This section is open for non-Whateley topics. Please minimize political, religious, or other button topics. We won't punish anyone for making a comment, but we would prefer to avoid massive arguments and trolling is frowned on. There are plenty of other places to go for that... and it is not conducive to this community for us to put up with it. If a moderator / staff / canon author says stop, please do. If we have to ask you multiple times, we may ban you. The community / project is more important than any one person's 'free choice' chasing people away. Disagree? Think we treated you unfairly? Calm down. Come back and talk to us rationally. We aren't monsters. But the site isn't a democracy... and making people leave because you make it less fun to be here? Not acceptable.

Heartbreaking news

More
16 Feb 2023 03:05 #2644 by E. E. Nalley
It is with great sorrow that I announce the passing of Dasher, my beloved puppy, 25DEC2010-14FEB2023

Complications of Canine Diabetes.  Rest in peace, my son.   :crying:

Surviving him is his brother, my other dog, Dancer.  As you might guess by their birth date, these were Christmas puppies in a litter that went through the entire team to Rudolph.  In the back of your mind, you know this is a part of having them in your life.  It's very much another to have to watch a doctor take a needle full of poison and put into your dog.  They've been mine since they were three days old.  Went through my marriage and divorce with me and were always at my side.  Dancer is laying next to me on the sofa as I type this.  I have some comfort for that, but there is still a hole in my heart.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Feb 2023 03:07 #2645 by Dan Formerly Domoviye
I'm so sorry to hear that.
Give Dancer a big hug, and try to remember the good times.
The following user(s) said Thank You: E. E. Nalley

More
16 Feb 2023 03:08 #2646 by Fiddlerfox
Replied by Fiddlerfox on topic Heartbreaking news
There's never a good way to have such news. Thoughts are with you and your other pup :(

More
16 Feb 2023 03:37 #2647 by DanZilla
Replied by DanZilla on topic Heartbreaking news
So sorry to hear this... an animal that's been part of your life like that leaves a big hole... spend some time with Dancer and help each other get through this.

More
16 Feb 2023 05:12 - 16 Feb 2023 05:13 #2648 by Rosalie Redd
Replied by Rosalie Redd on topic Heartbreaking news
I know how tough it is. I have lost several beloved companions over the years, and it's always difficult. I recently took in an older dog that was facing being euthanized, because his owner had dementia, and none of the family could take care of him. I know I won't have a lot of time with him, but the time I will have with him will be special. My heart goes out to you, and all that loved your special companion.
Last edit: 16 Feb 2023 05:13 by Rosalie Redd.

More
16 Feb 2023 05:18 #2649 by Amethyst
Replied by Amethyst on topic Heartbreaking news
My condolences.

I remember when I had to put my dog, Princess, down. I was there when she was born, and she and I were inseparable. She got cancer and it was getting so bad that she was in constant pain and couldn't breathe properly. It's excruciating to lose a companion that you have known all of their life like that. May Dasher rest peacefully.

*big hugs*

Amethyst

More
16 Feb 2023 05:31 #2650 by Kristin Darken
Replied by Kristin Darken on topic Heartbreaking news
*hugs*

Never an easy thing, to say goodbye to someone who has been a huge part of your life... and anyone who feels a furry companion doesn't count as 'a someone' in that sense, has never had a furry companion. I haven't shared my home with one for a couple decades now (I've lived alone and am away from home for work far too much to be a good roommate), but I still have fond memories and mourn the loss of the ones who were once part of my life. My white mouse Squeaky (named not for his speech, but for his tendency to run his wheel in the middle of the night so much it would squeak and wake my mom), my gram's pupper Champ (who loved cucumbers more than anything else), our malamute Shasta (who I started wrestling with when she was just a pup but grew so large that she kicked my butt all the way until I left home for boot camp)...

Do you have any good stories about your friend that you'd like to share?

Fate guard you, and may the Light brighten your Way.

More
16 Feb 2023 06:38 #2651 by E. E. Nalley
Replied by E. E. Nalley on topic Heartbreaking news
Thank you all for your kind thoughts and well wishes. They are deeply appreciated. I hope, once this wound heals a little to share a story or two about Dasher. He was a fantastic dog. I'd never seen a dog stalk a squirrel like a cat, you usually see them just charge, but Dasher was tactical, hunkered down and could move absolutely silently. He loved everyone, but he and his brother both especially loved kids. We used to take them to the complex tennis courts because there was a fence and let them run free and all the kids from the apartments would run over and both of them would have a grand time with the other children.

He was always a big puppy.

More
16 Feb 2023 11:19 #2652 by EnemyOfFun
Replied by EnemyOfFun on topic Heartbreaking news
So sorry to hear that. Losing a companion like that is never easy :(

Don't make me angry, you wouldn't like me when I'm angry :P

More
17 Feb 2023 04:58 #2653 by Dreamer
Replied by Dreamer on topic Heartbreaking news
It is never easy to lose the ones we love. Pets are family, take the time to mourn your loss and do whatever you need to. When you feel up to I'm one of those who would love to hear stories about Dasher, he sounds like an incredible and unique dog.

Thank You for the story comments appreciated and help me know they are being read and liked. :-) Note: My story comments can't nor are trying to replace reading the stories, simply my way of enjoying them and letting the authors know I enjoy them.

More
26 Mar 2023 20:31 #2718 by DPRagan
Replied by DPRagan on topic Heartbreaking news
Ouch, my condolences.

Time to create page: 0.056 seconds