New? Arriving? (09 Aug 2021)

Required Reading:

If it is stickied, it is stickied for a reason. Please read it.

× This is the Policy, News, and Announcements section. Only Staff and Canon authors can post here. If you have something that needs to be added to this section, please contact someone with authorization... anything that impacts the community is welcome, but as this section will be 'required reading' because it will have policy info posted; there is a need to keep the number of posts limited.

Donations and author support

More
16 May 2022 01:47 #1739 by Kristin Darken
While we have the Patreon donation widget in the right sidebar (its the only orange button on the page) for support for the site, software, and domain costs; we've recently added a Tip Jar accessible via story tags (#tipjar) that has individual author Patreon and Ko-Fi links, so you can support those authors who are trying to put more time into writing part-time/full-time instead of working another job (or just to buy them a coffee/beer... or a Scotch for their muse). That page can also be found via this direct link: whateley.academy/index.php/read/story/tip-jar

Fate guard you, and may the Light brighten your Way.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Mar 2023 03:43 #2725 by Kristin Darken
Just a quick reminder that the site operates on donations. We moved to a donation based support system to get away from the limitations placed on sites using Google Ad revenue and to make the site ad-free. At the moment, our server costs exceed the amount of donations... and that doesn't include additional costs such as domain registration, extension purchases, and so on; nor does it allow us to purchase artwork like the main splash page. Donations are NOT required and my current employment allows me to cover some of those costs myself... but if you can afford to do so and are not currently, I would greatly appreciate your assistance. If many members of the community offer just a couple dollars a month, it will add up quickly... we don't need thousands per month. Of course, if you want to raise thousands per month, we can talk about the sorts of improvements that are most desirable to the community. :)

And, in addition to asking for support; I would also like that thank and acknowledge (and encourage everyone to do the same) those who already donate or who have donated along the way. It takes work and funds to keep a site like this running and it is only because the community makes that possible that the Whateley Universe is rapidly approaching twenty years of providing stories. So thank you, contributors and everyone who keeps this universe alive!

Kristin

Fate guard you, and may the Light brighten your Way.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.040 seconds