New? Arriving? (09 Aug 2021)

Required Reading:

If it is stickied, it is stickied for a reason. Please read it.

× Stories about the Original Timeline (which runs from Fall 2006 to Spring 2010) can be found here. Also in the OT are those stories that are outside the main time frame set for them but whose protagonists are part of the student body during this time.

Smile! (Part 1) by Domoviye

More
26 Sep 2023 00:00 #3064 by DanZilla
Smile! (Part 1) can be found in the Gen 1 section or by using the link below... and please remember our authors are doing this for the response they get... please leave comments where you can for appreciated stories or if you have anything to bring to the conversation of written word and readers.

Smile! (Part 1)
The following user(s) said Thank You: null0trooper, Mister D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Sep 2023 01:00 #3065 by mhalpern
Damn and I thought the snippit you gave us in the spoiler thread on discord a couple weeks ago was evil.

awesome start

Micro scenes and bad ideas are freely adoptable
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dan Formerly Domoviye

More
26 Sep 2023 01:03 #3066 by Dan Formerly Domoviye
Thank you. I have a problem with breaking characters and trying to put them back together.

I've been planning this story for a while. Smile plays a big part in stuff that will happen with Just Me in the 2nd term and summer.

Her origin story came out a little earlier than planned due to writers block, and I'm getting lots of ideas how Smile will sometimes show up in Tink and Wakanda/Interest stories for the first term.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mhalpern, Mister D

More
26 Sep 2023 03:23 #3067 by Dreamer
Replied by Dreamer on topic Smile! (Part 1) by Domoviye
SPOILER ALERT
Below is a stream of conscious commentary I type up as I read the story. There will be details from the story included in it. If you have not read the story yet and don't wish to have details of it spoiled, read no further.

Smile! Part 1 comments
Warning: Spoiler!

Thank You for the story comments appreciated and help me know they are being read and liked. :-) Note: My story comments can't nor are trying to replace reading the stories, simply my way of enjoying them and letting the authors know I enjoy them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DanZilla, null0trooper, Dan Formerly Domoviye, mhalpern

More
26 Sep 2023 07:53 #3068 by Dan Formerly Domoviye
Thanks for the commentary, Dreamer. As always it's a joy to read.
My response is below.
Warning: Spoiler!

I was pretty happy with how this story turned out. I don't know what part of it I like the most, it just seemed to really come together as I was writing it, and it sets up a lot of things for future events that will be critical for many people. After Part 2, we'll mostly see Amber as a side character in Tink and Wakanda/Interest stories, so no big stories specifically for her until the Spring Semester, but she'll be around.
And if anyone's a Five Nights At Freddy's fan, like my daughter is, there were plenty of Easter eggs and homages for them to enjoy. I was tempted to put in even more, but didn't want to go into blatant fan fiction territory.

Thanks again for reading and the commentary Dreamer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dreamer, mhalpern

More
26 Sep 2023 10:49 #3069 by Darkmuse
I liked this tale, as an aspiring scribe I think that I would struggle to put something like this together.

Nicely done.

More
26 Sep 2023 11:53 #3070 by Astrodragon

Damn and I thought the snippit you gave us in the spoiler thread on discord a couple weeks ago was evil.
t

Hold my coffee...

More
26 Sep 2023 12:05 #3071 by DanZilla

Hold my coffee...

Takes off with Astrodragon's coffee

More
26 Sep 2023 12:06 #3072 by Dan Formerly Domoviye

Hold my coffee...

Takes off with Astrodragon's coffee

He can only get it back when we have a new story of two cute dragon girls.

More
26 Sep 2023 22:10 #3073 by Rosalie Redd
Rabbits are also great therapy animals. (when not being stabby)

More
26 Sep 2023 22:37 #3074 by Dan Formerly Domoviye

I liked this tale, as an aspiring scribe I think that I would struggle to put something like this together.

Nicely done.
Thank you very much.
I find that opening a vein and writing what comes out is really good for emotional things.

More
26 Sep 2023 22:40 #3075 by Dan Formerly Domoviye

Rabbits are also great therapy animals. (when not being stabby)

Yes they are. But not enough people talk about the emotional healing qualities of cows. They're not only great as steak, but also comfy, relaxing backrests.

Time to create page: 0.073 seconds