New? Arriving? (09 Aug 2021)

Required Reading:

If it is stickied, it is stickied for a reason. Please read it.

× Stories about the Original Timeline (which runs from Fall 2006 to Spring 2010) can be found here. Also in the OT are those stories that are outside the main time frame set for them but whose protagonists are part of the student body during this time.

Beginnings: A Tink Anthology by Domoviye

More
05 Jul 2022 00:02 #2023 by DanZilla
Beginnings: A Tink Anthology can be found in the Gen 1 section or by using the link below... and please remember our authors are doing this for the response they get... please leave comments where you can for appreciated stories or if you have anything to bring to the conversation of written word and readers.

Beginnings: A Tink Anthology
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dan Formerly Domoviye

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Jul 2022 02:48 #2027 by Dreamer
SPOILER ALERT
Below is a stream of conscious commentary I type up as I read the story. There will be details from the story included in it. If you have not read the story yet and don't wish to have details of it spoiled, read no further.

Beginnings: A Tink Anthology comments
Warning: Spoiler!

Thank You for the story comments appreciated and help me know they are being read and liked. :-) Note: My story comments can't nor are trying to replace reading the stories, simply my way of enjoying them and letting the authors know I enjoy them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: null0trooper, Dan Formerly Domoviye

More
05 Jul 2022 03:30 #2028 by null0trooper

Tink could probably leave a Zen monk confused. But she and Mutt are adorable together.

That sounds like a request for a team-up with Bladedancer and Chained Lightning.

"Stepping Out": Story link .

Story Discussion

More
05 Jul 2022 04:38 - 05 Jul 2022 04:47 #2030 by Dan Formerly Domoviye
That was quicker then normal, and as always it was a joy to read.
But there were no tears or threats of breaking your computer. I'll have to increase the darkness in Cat and Mouser Part 2.

Warning: Spoiler!

Thanks for the comments.
Cheers
Last edit: 05 Jul 2022 04:47 by Dan Formerly Domoviye.
The following user(s) said Thank You: null0trooper, Dreamer

More
05 Jul 2022 04:40 #2031 by Dan Formerly Domoviye

Tink could probably leave a Zen monk confused. But she and Mutt are adorable together.

That sounds like a request for a team-up with Bladedancer and Chained Lightning.

No promises there.
But a cameo could happen.

More
05 Jul 2022 10:48 #2033 by Darkmuse
Good stuff, another interesting team of misfits in the offing and I look forward to reading more of their adventures.

More
07 Jul 2022 02:30 #2037 by Dan Formerly Domoviye
Oh yeah, a fun fact about Mary's name and codename, I'd forgotten about until yesterday.

Originally, when she was still going to be a vampire, her codename was going to be Bloody Mary, usually shortened to Mary. She was not going to use her actual name very often due to her family problems.
Trying to come up with a codename after I came up with her final design was tough.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Maladyusted, Dreamer

More
05 Jun 2023 14:05 - 05 Jun 2023 14:22 #2854 by Maladyusted
Finished Broken before eating...

She bit back a groan. How was she supposed to tell a six year old about their mother cheating with her boss, without actually saying it. She could barely understand it. They'd been a happy family, now it was broken all thanks to their mother. “You know what happened. Mom did something bad, and hurt Dad's feelings. They're trying to make things better, but it's going to take time to fix it."

Ooof. Broken skin, broken family... "Broken" indeed.

"She didn't feel sick. If she was being totally honest, physically she felt better than ever. Emotionally, she pictured herself as a cracked and broken porcelain doll, thrown on the floor like garbage. Staring out the window, she dreamed of flying away and never coming back."

Heh. That dramatic irony!

And Police / MCO... Not too bad! Main issue was codename selection!

She was Broken. Her life was Broken. Her family was Broken.

Ah. Getting real direct!

Well, her parents are trying. They somehow found out about Whateley. Took them about a month.

And why does Tink's house have batteries? EDIT: I guess for lights and stuff.

And Rosebush for Rose Blossom remembering!
Last edit: 05 Jun 2023 14:22 by Maladyusted.

More
05 Jun 2023 22:13 #2855 by Dan Formerly Domoviye
Thanks for reading and commenting.

Tinks house has batteries for a hair drier, water pumps, lights and charging her phone. Mouser went all out on the gift.

And yes the rosebush is the same one she picked up in the grocery store and treated like a surrogate Rose Blossom to talk to.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Maladyusted

More
01 Jul 2023 22:00 - 01 Jul 2023 22:37 #2937 by Maladyusted
You're welcome! Thanks for replying! I *thought* I had read Part 2, but apparently I didn't, because the rose bush didn't sound familiar!

EDIT: Also, happy Canada Day Weekend!
----

Fetch
Last edit: 01 Jul 2023 22:37 by Maladyusted.

More
02 Jul 2023 02:48 #2938 by Dan Formerly Domoviye
Thanks.
Fetch was fun to write. It's so uncommon for me to write someone whose life doesn't suck or get horrifyingly bad, that I really enjoy stories like this.
Well back to the nightmare fuel.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Maladyusted

Time to create page: 0.092 seconds