New? Arriving? (09 Aug 2021)

Required Reading:

If it is stickied, it is stickied for a reason. Please read it.

× Stories about the Original Timeline (which runs from Fall 2006 to Spring 2010) can be found here. Also in the OT are those stories that are outside the main time frame set for them but whose protagonists are part of the student body during this time.

ElectroCute 1: A Short Tail by Amethyst

More
03 Jan 2023 01:00 #2580 by DanZilla
ElectroCute 1: A Short Tail" by Amethyst and it can be found in the Gen 1 section or by using the link below... and please remember our authors are doing this for the response they get... please leave comments where you can for appreciated stories or if you have anything to bring to the conversation of written word and readers.

ElectroCute 1: A Short Tail
The following user(s) said Thank You: null0trooper, Wavehead, Mister D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Jan 2023 01:38 #2581 by mhalpern
Well I think we all know what club she's going to be a part of when she gets to Whateley, given the potential pun in her code name.

Micro scenes and bad ideas are freely adoptable
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dan Formerly Domoviye, Dreamer

More
03 Jan 2023 02:27 #2582 by mhalpern
also it's been a busy week for Amethyst, 3 chapters released from various stories

Micro scenes and bad ideas are freely adoptable

More
03 Jan 2023 02:37 #2583 by Rosalie Redd
Actually, ElectroCute was the first story she started on, and took the longest for her to complete.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dreamer

More
03 Jan 2023 03:25 - 03 Jan 2023 03:26 #2584 by Schol-R-LEA

Actually, ElectroCute was the first story she started on, and took the longest for her to complete.

Given Amethyst's first story, which started with Rika's story when she tried to track Felicia down, that's not surprising.

And yes, I agree that Wondercute will want to recruit Felicia as soon as they meet her, and I expect that she'll be happen to join.

OTOH, people are going to be pointing her in the directions of both Miyet and Cyberkitty, as well. Somehow I don't see them greeting her with open arms.
Last edit: 03 Jan 2023 03:26 by Schol-R-LEA.

More
03 Jan 2023 03:36 #2585 by Rosalie Redd
Cyberkitty being a were, and therefore infectious, is a LOT different than being a catgirl by mutation or divine intervention. As was shown in Sanguine's story, there are a lot more restrictions on her.

More
03 Jan 2023 04:55 #2586 by Dreamer
SPOILER ALERT
Below is a stream of conscious commentary I type up as I read the story. There will be details from the story included in it. If you have not read the story yet and don't wish to have details of it spoiled, read no further.

ElectroCute 1: A Short Tail comments
Warning: Spoiler!

Thank You for the story comments appreciated and help me know they are being read and liked. :-) Note: My story comments can't nor are trying to replace reading the stories, simply my way of enjoying them and letting the authors know I enjoy them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dan Formerly Domoviye

More
03 Jan 2023 05:11 #2587 by Rosalie Redd

heh heh heh

More
03 Jan 2023 05:16 #2588 by Amethyst

Well I think we all know what club she's going to be a part of when she gets to Whateley, given the potential pun in her code name.

Whatever club could that be? I Wonder...

More
03 Jan 2023 05:23 #2589 by Amethyst

also it's been a busy week for Amethyst, 3 chapters released from various stories

Yup, and hopefully more coming. As Rose mentioned, this was the first Whateley project I started on, but it took a while to get to feel right. I wrote A Green Christmas in less than a week for Christmas, so we put this story off for a week so we could post that first.

*big hugs*

Amethyst

More
03 Jan 2023 05:26 #2590 by Amethyst

Given Amethyst's first story, which started with Rika's story when she tried to track Felicia down, that's not surprising.

And yes, I agree that Wondercute will want to recruit Felicia as soon as they meet her, and I expect that she'll be happen to join.

OTOH, people are going to be pointing her in the directions of both Miyet and Cyberkitty, as well. Somehow I don't see them greeting her with open arms.

Felicia may have some issues to adjusting to life at Whateley, or even among people at first, but a group like WonderCute would hold a lot of appeal for her, and she'd probably fit in well. I think she'll be interested in Pounce too, since we're talking about cat-people.

*big hugs*

Amethyst

More
03 Jan 2023 05:27 - 03 Jan 2023 05:28 #2591 by Rosalie Redd
As Ame said. And I actually had a lot to do with Felicia's development. Ame was interested in doing a catgirl. I suggested "why don't we do some stuff to make this one stand out?" so she ended up as a bobcat, so she wouldn't be the typical ears and long tail. then we gave her a more anthro look, instead of the girl with a few features thing. And if you have seen a bobcat they are very solid, instead of the long, lithe form of say, a mountain lion or panther. so Felicia ended up becoming a thiccums.
Last edit: 03 Jan 2023 05:28 by Rosalie Redd.

More
03 Jan 2023 05:37 #2592 by Amethyst

SPOILER ALERT
Below is a stream of conscious commentary I type up as I read the story. There will be details from the story included in it. If you have not read the story yet and don't wish to have details of it spoiled, read no further.

ElectroCute 1: A Short Tail comments
Warning: Spoiler!

Thanks for your comment, Dreamer. As always, it's nice to see your perspective and it's something that we wait eagerly for. I'm glad that you were able to identify with Felicia, even if her story is a hard one with everything that's happened to her. I tried to inject humor where I could, to make it feel a little less heavy emotionally, and some good old-fashioned cartoon-like scenes. Barracuda and Rika have both indeed shown up before in a collection of short stories called "Short Tales", a lot of which happen during the time of this story and feature characters that will appear in Felicia's continuing story. The next story will focus more on Felicia trying to adapt to living among humans again, her new family, and the events which will lead to her coming to Whateley. Hopefully it won't be as heavy, but Felicia is in a delicate mental state, and it'll be a long and somewhat bumpy road for her.

*big hugs*

Amethyst
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rosalie Redd, Dan Formerly Domoviye, Dreamer, mhalpern

More
03 Jan 2023 05:39 #2593 by Amethyst

heh heh heh

Yes Rose, I just had to name the big brown beaver that after you mentioned the song in our chats while developing ideas for this story.

*big hugs*

Amethyst
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rosalie Redd

More
03 Jan 2023 05:43 #2594 by Dan Formerly Domoviye

Crown, cape, and scepter, oh no, she has lost it. All that out here deep in the wilderness, the smell of chemicals, just what is going on. Felicia calling this her domain has me worried for her mental health right now.
I helped with this idea.
Forget the details, but it came from the fanfic version of Tink declaring herself queen of the grocery store and all mice.
Amethyst loved it, and ran.

Time to create page: 0.084 seconds