New? Arriving? (09 Aug 2021)

Required Reading:

If it is stickied, it is stickied for a reason. Please read it.

× This section is for Second Generation stories, predominantly from the student body from Fall of 2016 to Spring of 2020.

Glyph 4: Putting Pen to Paper

More
23 Nov 2021 02:29 #849 by DanZilla

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Nov 2021 03:09 #850 by Dreamer
SPOILER ALERT
Below is a stream of conscious commentary I type up as I read the story. There will be details from the story included in it. If you have not read the story yet and don't wish to have details of it spoiled, read no further.

Glyph 4: Putting Pen to Paper Part 4 comments
Warning: Spoiler!

Thank You for the story comments appreciated and help me know they are being read and liked. :-) Note: My story comments can't nor are trying to replace reading the stories, simply my way of enjoying them and letting the authors know I enjoy them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: null0trooper, Dan Formerly Domoviye

More
23 Nov 2021 21:02 #851 by mhalpern
So basically the new headmaster has all the contacts. makes sense, if the Whateley board trusted him enough to replace Carson, there's a fair chance HE was one of her contacts as well on matters pertaining to external threats to students, and has likely been helping the school behind the scenes for at least a decade. Regardless of background the teachers and staff all have one critical qualification; they can all be trusted to protect students,

Micro scenes and bad ideas are freely adoptable

More
23 Nov 2021 21:36 #852 by Dan Formerly Domoviye

So basically the new headmaster has all the contacts. makes sense, if the Whateley board trusted him enough to replace Carson, there's a fair chance HE was one of her contacts as well on matters pertaining to external threats to students, and has likely been helping the school behind the scenes for at least a decade. Regardless of background the teachers and staff all have one critical qualification; they can all be trusted to protect students,

Makes sense. You wouldn't want a headmaster whose only recommendation came from the Syndicate and had never dealt with the school before.

More
24 Nov 2021 01:57 #854 by Cryptic
I look forward to the post prank "The supervillain invaded our space." whine session to security by the Tella Tubbies.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mhalpern

More
24 Nov 2021 04:02 #855 by cprime
A few random thoughts on part 4

More
07 Dec 2021 02:55 #903 by DanZilla
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dan Formerly Domoviye

More
07 Dec 2021 03:28 #904 by Dreamer
SPOILER ALERT
Below is a stream of conscious commentary I type up as I read the story. There will be details from the story included in it. If you have not read the story yet and don't wish to have details of it spoiled, read no further.

Glyph 4: Putting Pen to Paper Part 5 comments

Thank You for the story comments appreciated and help me know they are being read and liked. :-) Note: My story comments can't nor are trying to replace reading the stories, simply my way of enjoying them and letting the authors know I enjoy them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: null0trooper, Morpheus, mhalpern

More
07 Dec 2021 03:44 #905 by null0trooper

Okay, how did Lenore get from Chicago all the way to Whateley Academy? Another mysterious animal-form entity at Whateley is like they are drawn there. So Lenore was there to deliver a book to Bianca and leaves right after, now what is inside this mystery book?

Familiars are supposed to know where their mages and sorcerors are. It's almost like a union rule or something. Whateley's wards aren't likely to be set up to block the familiars of staff, students, and invited guests.

"Stepping Out": Story link .

Story Discussion
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dreamer

More
07 Dec 2021 04:08 #906 by cprime
Part 5 musings

Plenty of interesting reading. Thanks for the chapter Morpheus.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Morpheus

More
07 Dec 2021 06:48 #907 by Valentine
Great story. It's good to see someone using their brains instead of just bulling their way through.

Wasn't Mazarin either Head of the Syndicate, or at least high up in the organization?

Getting random students to follow and bother the Squirrels is great. The justifications they came up with are the sorts of things that drive DAs nuts.

When Bianca put the spells on the Squirrels door, my thought was that she put some sort of invisibility and don't notice spells. That way they couldn't find or get into their clubhouse. Shattering the door was much better.

I hope Janine doesn't get into trouble over her shotgun. Eldritch needs to inspect and test it. She also needs to take the range safety classes. Oddly they are carrying the wrong weapons, Bianca's coat would be perfect for hiding that shotgun, and the much smaller pistol would be easier for Janine to carry and hide.

I wonder what's in the mysterious book. I bet it's the near mythical White Lady's Cookbook. 101 Ways to Cook with White Wine.

More
07 Dec 2021 06:51 #908 by Dan Formerly Domoviye
Mazarin was a high level Syndicate official, first in the combat area, then administration.

More
07 Dec 2021 13:22 #912 by mhalpern

Great story. It's good to see someone using their brains instead of just bulling their way through.

Wasn't Mazarin either Head of the Syndicate, or at least high up in the organization?

Getting random students to follow and bother the Squirrels is great. The justifications they came up with are the sorts of things that drive DAs nuts.

When Bianca put the spells on the Squirrels door, my thought was that she put some sort of invisibility and don't notice spells. That way they couldn't find or get into their clubhouse. Shattering the door was much better.

I hope Janine doesn't get into trouble over her shotgun. Eldritch needs to inspect and test it. She also needs to take the range safety classes. Oddly they are carrying the wrong weapons, Bianca's coat would be perfect for hiding that shotgun, and the much smaller pistol would be easier for Janine to carry and hide.

I wonder what's in the mysterious book. I bet it's the near mythical White Lady's Cookbook. 101 Ways to Cook with White Wine.

On the weapons, not really, Bianca doesn't do direct offense, but she has plenty of other ways to attack if needed, with her spell slips she can manipulate the environment around her to do most of the damage she needs, if she's attacking directly, that means she's out of options but her opponent is likely in a weakened state already, so a sidearm like a semi automatic pistol is appropriate, the retaliation on the cadets fits this mindset. Janine in contrast lacks offensive and defensive options besides some enhanced mobility without additional holdouts, a short barrel pump action with 4 rounds including the chamber, is both able to compensate for that, and make her specialty more marketable. She's a gadgeteer and reliable loading mechanisms and other small high stress moving parts are hard, once she goes through range safety, and starts carrying it, people may start going to her when they run into those kinds of problems, which would help her fund her own projects longer term than the salvage had.

The masterminds buying into the Hardcore retaliation hit shows they have declined in competence since Gen 1, but even if they were correct, there's no contradiction, its appropriate force retaliation, and a focus on indirect action, both of which are typical and essential for established organized crime, especially the leaders of such groups.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Morpheus, Dreamer

More
08 Dec 2021 01:43 #928 by Cryptic
B was gentle on the idiots. I approve. My word, those Tubbies are dense... and I wonder how many make it into the Intelligence field and how many become sleezy PIs.

Interesting regarding Tinker's PK with how it is mainly the lift/flight aspect first and foremost and she needs to concentrate to activate the strength aspect.

More
08 Dec 2021 12:41 #929 by mhalpern

B was gentle on the idiots. I approve. My word, those Tubbies are dense... and I wonder how many make it into the Intelligence field and how many become sleezy PIs.

Interesting regarding Tinker's PK with how it is mainly the lift/flight aspect first and foremost and she needs to concentrate to activate the strength aspect.

2 are dense, one more so, one knows exactly what is going on, another suspects, and has been vocal against their efforts against Glyph, and Mouse is learning

Time to create page: 0.100 seconds