New? Arriving? (09 Aug 2021)

Required Reading:

If it is stickied, it is stickied for a reason. Please read it.

× This section is for Second Generation stories, predominantly from the student body from Fall of 2016 to Spring of 2020.

Dorms of Our Lives

More
07 Jan 2022 15:06 - 07 Jan 2022 15:07 #1120 by Wasamon
Dorms of Our Lives was created by Wasamon
We're lacking in open threads for stories from the old site, so here's one for Dorms of Our Lives, (quick count)... fifteen-part, 250,000+ word study in high school soap opera storytelling with superpowers.

The thread's open to anyone who feels like saying anything. I know at least one reader's been happily working through it recently. Feel free to impugn my narrative skills, call me to task for all those German phrases with the botched grammar that I've yet to fix after all these years, and let's run a tally of how many times I used "hospice" instead of "infirmary" for good measure, shall we?

One of these days I'll actually get around to fixing all that. Probably.
Last edit: 07 Jan 2022 15:07 by Wasamon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dan Formerly Domoviye

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Jan 2022 15:11 #1121 by Wasamon
Replied by Wasamon on topic Dorms of Our Lives
Oh, and one other thing. There are a whole bunch of characters in this series, so let's have a dramatis personae list in spoilers.

Warning: Spoiler!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Maladyusted

More
07 Jan 2022 15:13 #1122 by Astrodragon
Replied by Astrodragon on topic Dorms of Our Lives
We didn't mention the botched German because we didn't want to be called Grammar Nazis... :D
The following user(s) said Thank You: Maladyusted

More
07 Jan 2022 15:42 #1124 by cprime
Replied by cprime on topic Dorms of Our Lives
For what it's worth, I assumed that the use of 'hospice' was the Italian members of the cast using their native word for hospital. This is of course because they never having got the memo that those zaney Americans use a different term. The two terms are close enough that it doesn't break the immersion.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OtherEric

Time to create page: 0.054 seconds