New? Arriving? (09 Aug 2021)

Required Reading:

If it is stickied, it is stickied for a reason. Please read it.

× This section is for Second Generation stories, predominantly from the student body from Fall of 2016 to Spring of 2020.

The Last Freak Show by Domoviye

More
21 Jun 2022 00:00 #1949 by DanZilla
The Last Freak Show can be found in the Gen 2 section or by using the link below... and please remember our authors are doing this for the response they get... please leave comments where you can for appreciated stories or if you have anything to bring to the conversation of written word and readers.

The Last Freak Show
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dan Formerly Domoviye, Mister D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Jun 2022 02:14 #1952 by Dreamer
SPOILER ALERT
Below is a stream of conscious commentary I type up as I read the story. There will be details from the story included in it. If you have not read the story yet and don't wish to have details of it spoiled, read no further.

The Last Freak Show comments
Warning: Spoiler!

Thank You for the story comments appreciated and help me know they are being read and liked. :-) Note: My story comments can't nor are trying to replace reading the stories, simply my way of enjoying them and letting the authors know I enjoy them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: null0trooper, Dan Formerly Domoviye

More
21 Jun 2022 07:54 #1955 by Valentine
A nice interesting slice of life story. No world shattering events or even potential. The characters are interesting, I am worried about the little girl though, she might be a threat someday.

The Last Freak Show, in Texas. I was half expecting Jericho to be MCing. They should get Razorback to MC though. 😁 A singing Naga, hmmm where have I seen that before.

I do wonder what Faction 3, the Outcasts, and others at Whateley think about The Last Freak Show.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dan Formerly Domoviye, Dreamer

More
21 Jun 2022 11:04 #1957 by Darkmuse
I liked the concept of the Last Freak Show, a good bit of addition to the world.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dan Formerly Domoviye

More
21 Jun 2022 12:18 - 21 Jun 2022 14:22 #1958 by Dan Formerly Domoviye

A nice interesting slice of life story. No world shattering events or even potential. The characters are interesting, I am worried about the little girl though, she might be a threat someday.

The Last Freak Show, in Texas. I was half expecting Jericho to be MCing. They should get Razorback to MC though. 😁 A singing Naga, hmmm where have I seen that before.

I do wonder what Faction 3, the Outcasts, and others at Whateley think about The Last Freak Show.

Thanks.
I'm pretty sure I was unconsciously thinking of Diamondback when I came up with Lady Naga, once I realized the similarities, I made sure to change Naga to a tattooed shifter. And considering her name, I was also thinking of Lady Gaga. My muse doesn't always tell me where she gets her ideas from.

This is Gen 2, so I can't say what the Outcasts would think about the show. But, there will probably be some Whateley students and definitely F3 members who know about Freak Show, and will comment on it. Shisa may overhear some of the thoughts on the matter.

Thanks.
Last edit: 21 Jun 2022 14:22 by Dan Formerly Domoviye.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dreamer

More
21 Jun 2022 14:20 - 21 Jun 2022 14:21 #1959 by null0trooper

This is Gen 2, so I can't say what the Outcasts would think about the show. But, there will probably be some Whateley students and definitely F3 members who know about Freak Show, and will comment on it. Shisa may overhear some of the thoughts on the matter.

"They're exploiting us!"

"They're exploiting performers. That's how show business works."

"Stepping Out": Story link .

Story Discussion
Last edit: 21 Jun 2022 14:21 by null0trooper.

More
21 Jun 2022 14:22 #1960 by Dan Formerly Domoviye

"They're exploiting us!"

Sounds about right.

More
21 Jun 2022 19:40 #1961 by Dan Formerly Domoviye
Third time posting my response.
THANKS ROSE!

Fortunately I have a copy of my 2nd response.

I'm happy to see that you didn't write that you were 'tearing up', 'seeing red', 'resisting the urge to break your computer', or 'wanting to tell the MC everything will be all right'. It's a nice change.
So thanks for the commentary.

The Last Freak Show comments
Warning: Spoiler!

Thanks again.

More
21 Jun 2022 19:51 #1962 by Dreamer

THANKS ROSE!

I'm happy to see that you didn't write that you were 'tearing up', 'seeing red', 'resisting the urge to break your computer', or 'wanting to tell the MC everything will be all right'. It's a nice change.
I will try in the future to express my emotional reactions to things happening in the story better instead of using such shorthand. Your previous stories though had a lot that made me want to cry because of what was happening, angry at antagonists to varying degrees, and seriously wishing I could comfort someone who is in pain and suffering. These are all signs of a great author.

Thank You for the story comments appreciated and help me know they are being read and liked. :-) Note: My story comments can't nor are trying to replace reading the stories, simply my way of enjoying them and letting the authors know I enjoy them.

More
21 Jun 2022 19:54 #1963 by Dan Formerly Domoviye

THANKS ROSE!

I will try in the future to express my emotional reactions to things happening in the story better instead of using such shorthand. Your previous stories though had a lot that made me want to cry because of what was happening, angry at antagonists to varying degrees, and seriously wishing I could comfort someone who is in pain and suffering. These are all signs of a great author.

Please keep expressing your reaction! I get a kick out of seeing how it makes people feel.

It was just amusing to FINALLY have written a story that didn't make you rage at some point.

More
21 Jun 2022 20:21 #1964 by Astrodragon

THANKS ROSE!

You do realise he's just lulling you into a false sense of security...? :D
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dan Formerly Domoviye, Dreamer

More
23 Jun 2022 05:18 #1976 by joreymay

"They're exploiting us!"

That's what AGVA, AFTRA, and the like are for.
The following user(s) said Thank You: null0trooper

More
27 Jun 2022 00:07 #1996 by mhalpern

"They're exploiting us!"

the real question is, what the performers would think of the Outcasts as guests.

Micro scenes and bad ideas are freely adoptable

Time to create page: 0.097 seconds