New? Arriving? (09 Aug 2021)

Required Reading:

If it is stickied, it is stickied for a reason. Please read it.

× This section is for Second Generation stories, predominantly from the student body from Fall of 2016 to Spring of 2020.

Home Sweet Homely by Null0trooper

More
25 Oct 2022 00:00 #2438 by DanZilla
Home Sweet Homely can be found in the Gen 2 section or by using the link below... and please remember our authors are doing this for the response they get... please leave comments where you can for appreciated stories or if you have anything to bring to the conversation of written word and readers.

Home Sweet Homely
The following user(s) said Thank You: null0trooper, Wavehead

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Oct 2022 03:36 #2439 by Dreamer
SPOILER ALERT
Below is a stream of conscious commentary I type up as I read the story. There will be details from the story included in it. If you have not read the story yet and don't wish to have details of it spoiled, read no further.

Home Sweet Homely Home comments
Warning: Spoiler!

Thank You for the story comments appreciated and help me know they are being read and liked. :-) Note: My story comments can't nor are trying to replace reading the stories, simply my way of enjoying them and letting the authors know I enjoy them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: null0trooper, Dan Formerly Domoviye

More
25 Oct 2022 06:42 #2440 by null0trooper
Once again, thank you for giving this story your time and attention!

"It's been a pleasure to meet you, Tabbie! If an old bird like me has one thing to pass on... Oh, how should I put it? It don't take bricks and stones to make a home for those you care for! Remember that, and you'll do just fine."

Wait a minute, that wasn't Mrs. Potter, was it? Certainly a mysterious woman in any case.

Not Mrs. Potter, but she does have a vested interest in how Tabitha turns out.

Hehehe, I can't blame Tabitha for her reaction to Benjamin's appearance, easy mistake. I hope it is the jet lag that has Benjamin so grumpy and not something else.

"Bomba!" is equivalent to "Cool!" in Swahili. But, he is jet lagged, exhausted, recovering from a bullet wound, and April is much colder in England than, say, Darfur or Kapalangpur.

Oh boy, bringing work back to the hotel. ... No, it can't be, she can't be connected to Marduk or some other city god, can she?

Sometimes, foolish people pick the wrong targets of opportunity. Sometimes, the blonde isn't arm candy. But when unknowns start following the wrong people back to a safehouse? Playtime's over.

Jack Hawksmoor (the "King of Cities", from Wildstorm's "The Authority") would be way OP for Whateley. However, a little psi applied strategically can have interesting outcomes.

Don't tell me that Maggie from earlier is somehow connected to Tabitha manifesting as a mutant.

A better question is "who's Elizabeth"?

I forgot Victoria is a telepath of some sort.

Not a telepath, but she is a professional, and she does have some tricks up her sleeve.

Huh, just what is going on with Tabitha here? Ah, so it is all due to experience, or is this part of her powers after all?

In this universe, magic is a fact of life. Theurgy and diabolism work because divinity and corruption exist. Principles of things like domain and precedence, repetition and rebound, work on even the smallest of spells. I figure there have to be a lot more charms, talismans, and hedge magic, because that stuff just works just often enough to be remembered. And, like anything everybody just knows to do, it doesn't get written about.

Back at school and Evey is upset that Tabitha's brother Davie said she was in the hospital, big mouth kid. Beth Noble, why does that name seem familiar to me? And Evey figured out what is going on with Tabitha, the contacts excuse won't fly. Such a tale from Evey, she should get into creative writing. I hope Evey stays friends with Tabitha even after she goes to Whateley.

Beth's the class busybody, and no relation to the best temp in Chiswick.

Tabitha's trip through her hometown, her observations, and her skills was great to watch and learn how she does things.

To be honest, I wasn't sure many people would like those parts.

Will we see more of Tabitha's friends from back home, especially Evey? I misunderstood their interactions at first but realized they are good friends quickly. I can't wait to see Stella and all of their other new friends again soon.

As for Benjamin and "Victoria", I can only hope we see more of them and Benjamin at Whateley soon.

A lot of interesting appearing individuals in the story, I hope at least a few of them become more than just sidekicks or background characters. Keep up the great work and I can't wait for more.

Thank you very much!

I haven't decided whether Evelyn moves with her family to the States or not. She wouldn't be attending Whateley either way. Not everyone does, or should. You'll be seeing Puck, Max, and Homely again. Not soon, but I'm very tempted to have Victoria show up on campus.

"Stepping Out": Story link .

Story Discussion
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dreamer, Mister D

More
25 Oct 2022 10:39 #2441 by mhalpern
she's a whovian.

Micro scenes and bad ideas are freely adoptable

More
25 Oct 2022 18:21 #2442 by Oz1eye
I personally would like to thank Null0trooper for adding the phrase "Septic Wanker" to my lexicon of curses. Bravo sir! Bravo!
The following user(s) said Thank You: null0trooper

More
01 Nov 2022 01:04 #2451 by Wavehead
Great story imo Looking forward to more please!
The following user(s) said Thank You: null0trooper

Time to create page: 0.073 seconds