New? Arriving? (09 Aug 2021)

Required Reading:

If it is stickied, it is stickied for a reason. Please read it.

× This section is for Second Generation stories, predominantly from the student body from Fall of 2016 to Spring of 2020.

Slipping Away by Domoviye

More
01 Nov 2022 00:00 #2449 by DanZilla
Slipping Away can be found in the Gen 2 section or by using the link below... and please remember our authors are doing this for the response they get... please leave comments where you can for appreciated stories or if you have anything to bring to the conversation of written word and readers.

Slipping Away
The following user(s) said Thank You: null0trooper, Dan Formerly Domoviye, Marie Smith, Mister D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Nov 2022 02:59 #2452 by mhalpern
Replied by mhalpern on topic Slipping Away by Domoviye
tragic and bittersweet

Micro scenes and bad ideas are freely adoptable
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dan Formerly Domoviye

More
01 Nov 2022 03:00 #2453 by Dan Formerly Domoviye

tragic and bittersweet
Yep.
I was crying a fair bit while writing this one.
Thanks.

More
01 Nov 2022 04:04 #2454 by Dreamer
Replied by Dreamer on topic Slipping Away by Domoviye
SPOILER ALERT
Below is a stream of conscious commentary I type up as I read the story. There will be details from the story included in it. If you have not read the story yet and don't wish to have details of it spoiled, read no further.

Slipping Away comments
Warning: Spoiler!

Thank You for the story comments appreciated and help me know they are being read and liked. :-) Note: My story comments can't nor are trying to replace reading the stories, simply my way of enjoying them and letting the authors know I enjoy them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: null0trooper, Dan Formerly Domoviye

More
01 Nov 2022 06:02 - 01 Nov 2022 06:04 #2455 by Dan Formerly Domoviye
Thanks as always for the comments. And I really am sorry about how dark this story got, it started off as an idle, disturbing idea, and then I realized it would be a good Halloween story. My muse and I decided to go full throttle, to see if I could come up with something worth writing.

Warning: Spoiler!
Last edit: 01 Nov 2022 06:04 by Dan Formerly Domoviye.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dreamer

More
01 Nov 2022 12:57 #2456 by Rosalie Redd
Don't worry Dreamer, you weren't the only one hit badly by this. I read it this morning, and I'm going to be pretty much useless for most of the morning, at least.

More
01 Nov 2022 13:23 #2457 by Dan Formerly Domoviye

Don't worry Dreamer, you weren't the only one hit badly by this. I read it this morning, and I'm going to be pretty much useless for most of the morning, at least.

This made me grin.
I think I have issues.

More
01 Nov 2022 13:43 #2458 by Rosalie Redd
mkay, so you know who gets the blame when I don't write today.

More
11 Nov 2022 00:28 #2467 by Marie Smith
What a sublime, beautiful, and sad story. I really enjoyed it. Yes, some tears while listening on my commute.

I loved the character creativity with Odiyan. Not only was he ruthless and selfish but VERY good at what he does. The mythical creatures were a fun change of pace and his ability to shape shift made him that much more treacherous. A villain I loved to hate.

Fearless was a well constructed hero and I appreciated learning his powers and description as you went.

All in all, a great story and i can't wait to learn where Kit's life takes him at Whateley!

Do you have the next iteration in the works?
The following user(s) said Thank You: DanZilla, null0trooper, Dan Formerly Domoviye

More
11 Nov 2022 01:41 #2468 by Dan Formerly Domoviye
Thank you so much. That's one of the nicest comments I've gotten.

Odiyan was inspired by a type of Asian evil wizard of the same name. They're a shape changer who use trickery to assassinate people, spy on others, steal and cause havoc. The idea really helped knit everything together.

I have some ideas for Kit in the future, but they'll be well in the future. Right now the Gen2 timeline is still in the Fall semester of 2016. And I have a lot of other characters that need to be written. So depending on when the time rolls around to Fall term 2017, that will be when he reappears.

Right now I'm working on Sins of the Father Part 2 (another dark and fairly tragic story) and A Strange Fairytale Part 4.
Following that it will be Cat and Mouse Part 2, Alley Cat 1 and 2, and Making a Noise in the World: Outro. I'm not sure what will come after that. I'll be finishing 1 or 2 stories a month for the foreseeable future.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DanZilla, Dreamer

Time to create page: 0.083 seconds