New? Arriving? (09 Aug 2021)

Required Reading:

If it is stickied, it is stickied for a reason. Please read it.

× This section is for Second Generation stories, predominantly from the student body from Fall of 2016 to Spring of 2020.

Weed 1: A Green Christmas by Amethyst

More
27 Dec 2022 01:00 #2557 by DanZilla
Weed 1: A Green Christmas can be found in the Gen 2 section or by using the link below... and please remember our authors are doing this for the response they get... please leave comments where you can for appreciated stories or if you have anything to bring to the conversation of written word and readers.

Weed 1: A Green Christmas
The following user(s) said Thank You: null0trooper, Dan Formerly Domoviye, Mister D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Dec 2022 04:22 #2558 by Dreamer
SPOILER ALERT
Below is a stream of conscious commentary I type up as I read the story. There will be details from the story included in it. If you have not read the story yet and don't wish to have details of it spoiled, read no further.

Weed 1: A Green Christmas comments
Warning: Spoiler!

Thank You for the story comments appreciated and help me know they are being read and liked. :-) Note: My story comments can't nor are trying to replace reading the stories, simply my way of enjoying them and letting the authors know I enjoy them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DanZilla, null0trooper, Dan Formerly Domoviye

More
27 Dec 2022 04:49 #2559 by Amethyst
Thanks for your commentary, Dreamer. As always it was very satisfying seeing how you reacted to the story. I was talking with Domo about bringing in Sun Hawk and Mogollan Monster and I thought that they were the perfect people to tell Clover some things that she really needed to hear.

Coming up with Clover's family was really fun too. Domoviye had this idea for a team and had all of the heroes and their powers thought up but nothing on their real identities so I kinda took the ball on that and ran with it. I figured out the personalities and their families and stuff, and Kaede and Sierra were two of my favorites, so I'm glad that you liked them too.

The next story should have her arrival at Whateley after Christmas, but she won't be the only new arrival. She'll have some interesting friends, and we've already met two of them ;)

*big hugs*

Amethyst
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dan Formerly Domoviye, Dreamer, Mister D

More
27 Dec 2022 05:15 - 27 Dec 2022 05:19 #2560 by Dan Formerly Domoviye

Dae-Jung and June getting talked about like that, some people need to mind their own business. Oh god, June's situation is that bad from the brain injuries, Forte needs to be stopped before any more people are hurt or killed.

I think I should say that this is June on a good day. In Making a Noise in The World: Outro, you get to see just how bad the damage was. I didn't hold back.
And while preparing future events and plots for Sun and Mogollan Monster, I spent a few hours studying severe brain trauma, fun stuff. We'll get to see them a fair bit more in Forte's stories.

Anyways, as Amethyst said, I'd come up with the barebones of the Elementals, costumes, powers and codenames, I didn't even say what gender Quicksand was. They were mostly just to have other teams to mention and occasionally show, as well as to let others have their crack at things in Phoenix.
Amethyst filled in the details beautifully.
Also Notus has wind powers, it was briefly mentioned in story.

Oh yeah. The surname Rozic was picked out of a hat by me when I originally created Blossom for a Whateley fanfic, Never. It just sounded interesting to me at the time.

Thanks for the comments.
Last edit: 27 Dec 2022 05:19 by Dan Formerly Domoviye.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dreamer

More
27 Dec 2022 05:32 #2561 by Amethyst
Yup, this is June on a good day. There will be days where she's a lot worse. I gave a small taste of how bad things really are, the full meal is still to come.

And yeah, Quicksand was supposed to be mysterious with nobody really knowing who or even what gender they were, and I thought it was hilarious to make the team tank a tiny woman who is pretty much the complete opposite of what she shows the public as Quicksand.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dan Formerly Domoviye, Dreamer

More
27 Dec 2022 13:43 #2562 by mhalpern
yeah the Dylan's are probably a bigger concern for her than any dragons that may or may not be in her class

Micro scenes and bad ideas are freely adoptable
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dan Formerly Domoviye, Amethyst

More
27 Dec 2022 13:51 #2563 by mhalpern
the question I have is Poe or Hawthorne, while the HID wouldn't be great for a roommate, at least not most, a pink grow light could be fine, as sort of a night light,

The following user(s) said Thank You: Dan Formerly Domoviye, Dreamer, Amethyst

More
27 Dec 2022 20:05 #2564 by null0trooper

the question I have is Poe or Hawthorne, while the HID wouldn't be great for a roommate, at least not most, a pink grow light could be fine, as sort of a night light,

Why not Whitman, like Clover's mother?

"Stepping Out": Story link .

Story Discussion

More
27 Dec 2022 21:26 #2565 by Apple3141
In the sentence "Mom half-dragged me back to the car and, after making sure that there were no MID agents tailing us, we headed home.", was the use of "MID agents" rather than "MCO agents" intended to show Weed's lack of familiarity with the hard realities of mutant life?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amethyst

More
27 Dec 2022 23:08 #2567 by Amethyst
Yup, nearly being smoked by them might become a family tradition if Clover isn't careful. ;)

*big hugs*

Amethyst

More
27 Dec 2022 23:10 #2568 by Amethyst
Clover will be living in Whitman since her mom is a Whitman alumni and she has GSD too.

More
27 Dec 2022 23:11 #2569 by Amethyst

In the sentence "Mom half-dragged me back to the car and, after making sure that there were no MID agents tailing us, we headed home.", was the use of "MID agents" rather than "MCO agents" intended to show Weed's lack of familiarity with the hard realities of mutant life?

I fixed that. It's funny that three of us went over it for editing and never noticed.

*big hugs*

Amethyst

More
28 Dec 2022 12:08 #2571 by mhalpern

Clover will be living in Whitman since her mom is a Whitman alumni and she has GSD too.

well at least that's a layer of insulation from the TERFs, hopefully it doesn't take long for her to find her way into a certain support group though

More
30 Dec 2022 02:12 #2574 by Naldru
I can assure you that the problem that she had with the restroom occurs with "normal" girls as well. I was traveling on the turnpike with my daughter and had stopped at a service area. She was crying and when I asked, she told me that it was because she had forgotten female sanitary items. I told her that they would have some at the store, and she told me that she had looked and hadn't found any. I told her that we would go to the store together and ask one of the salespeople. We found the desired items while looking for the salesperson, and she took it over to the cash register for purchase.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amethyst

More
30 Dec 2022 17:37 #2575 by Amethyst

I can assure you that the problem that she had with the restroom occurs with "normal" girls as well. I was traveling on the turnpike with my daughter and had stopped at a service area. She was crying and when I asked, she told me that it was because she had forgotten female sanitary items. I told her that they would have some at the store, and she told me that she had looked and hadn't found any. I told her that we would go to the store together and ask one of the salespeople. We found the desired items while looking for the salesperson, and she took it over to the cash register for purchase.

Yup. As June said, it happens to everyone. There have been a few couple times when I've been in the ladies' room and someone in the next stall is having a bad day and has asked if I have a spare tampon or pad. Usually, I'm able to help them out. Clover just suffers from imposter syndrome and was being really hard on herself as she spiraled into an anxiety attack. It's usually upsetting to anyone to forget, and I thought it gave Clover a good thing that any girl would probably be upset about but that her imposter syndrome could beat her up over and blow out of proportion.

*big hugs*

Amethyst

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds