New? Arriving? (09 Aug 2021)

Required Reading:

If it is stickied, it is stickied for a reason. Please read it.

× This section is for Second Generation stories, predominantly from the student body from Fall of 2016 to Spring of 2020.

Sprite 1: A Little Problem by Amethyst

More
21 Feb 2023 01:00 #2666 by DanZilla
Sprite 1: A Little Problem can be found in the Gen 2 section or by using the link below... and please remember our authors are doing this for the response they get... please leave comments where you can for appreciated stories or if you have anything to bring to the conversation of written word and readers.

Sprite 1: A Little Problem
The following user(s) said Thank You: null0trooper, Dan Formerly Domoviye, Mister D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Feb 2023 03:39 #2668 by mhalpern
Nicely dark, with a sweet ending, that wiz trait is going to be pretty useful.

Micro scenes and bad ideas are freely adoptable
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dan Formerly Domoviye, Amethyst

More
21 Feb 2023 05:25 #2670 by Dreamer
SPOILER ALERT
Below is a stream of conscious commentary I type up as I read the story. There will be details from the story included in it. If you have not read the story yet and don't wish to have details of it spoiled, read no further.

Sprite 1: A Little Problem comments
Warning: Spoiler!

Thank You for the story comments appreciated and help me know they are being read and liked. :-) Note: My story comments can't nor are trying to replace reading the stories, simply my way of enjoying them and letting the authors know I enjoy them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: null0trooper, Dan Formerly Domoviye, Amethyst

More
21 Feb 2023 05:52 #2671 by Dan Formerly Domoviye
You can thank me for the hanging scene.
Amethyst was wondering if she should show a suicide attempt, and I got a funny image in my head of a fairy hanging herself, then a few minutes later she reaches up to scratch her head and says "Well this is boring."
And Baby's Breath appeared before in No Good Deed. Amethyst had already started her story when I wrote my short, and I saw the perfect place to do a cameo.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dreamer, Amethyst

More
21 Feb 2023 05:55 #2672 by Amethyst
Yup, it was a little dark, but things are turning around for her and hopefully things will continue to improve for her at Whateley.

*big hugs*

Amethyst

More
21 Feb 2023 06:09 #2673 by Amethyst
Thanks Dreamer,

Your commentaries are always entertaining, and I look forward to each one. Aiden made mistakes, and would take them back if he (now she) could. Blythe was already a little mentally unhinged before, and his pushing her away the way he did and her mother enabling her only made it worse.

This was a hard story to write, but from the beginning I wanted to show how little mistakes can change a life in big ways. I wanted to show Blythe as insane, as well as her mother, and I thought about how she would take the bullying and rejection one she finally snapped completely and give him a taste of his own medicine while being obsessed with him and still thinking she was in love.

Vanessa will likely still deal with depression and self-loathing for quite some time, but it was nice to have her start realizing that she didn't deserve it and start to fight back. I wanted to keep the powers a bit vague at first but then I had the idea for summoning hobgoblins, and someone suggested dust bunnies. I sort of ran with it while trying to make them both adorable and super creepy.

It was nice to start having things turn around for her near the end, I put her through so damn much torture, getting to that point. Forgiving herself is going to be hard, but she seems to have people who want to help her do that and find some happiness, which I thought was a nice way to end such a grim story.

*big hugs*

Amethyst
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dreamer

More
21 Feb 2023 06:14 #2674 by Amethyst
Yup, Domo was the one who thought of the hanging bit for a bit of dark humor, and it fit so I decided to roll with it because I wanted to show how she'd hit rock bottom and give her a chance to realize she had powers.

As for Baby's Breath and the other heroes, they came from a night of joking about possible Alberta heroes, as did Angus Oxford, the bull in the china shop. Some of us thought that they needed their own story, so I decided to split the PoV on this one to showcase them a bit,
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dan Formerly Domoviye, Dreamer

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds