New? Arriving? (09 Aug 2021)

Required Reading:

If it is stickied, it is stickied for a reason. Please read it.

× Discussion space for stories in the Whateley Independent Fiction collection

Light And Shadow Discussion

More
11 Oct 2021 03:26 #638 by Erisian
By request, here's a place to discuss Light and Shadow - or any of the previous books in the series for that matter. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wavehead

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Oct 2021 23:14 #666 by Wavehead
I have been following this intriguing story since the beginning, I’m pleased to say I find how you weave the interaction between characters fascinating :) I now have an expansive sense how the different characters look, act and most of all how they think :)
Waiting for the next chapter eagerly :sogood:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Erisian

More
20 Nov 2021 00:12 #833 by Erisian
Replied by Erisian on topic Light And Shadow Discussion
Final part of the book is now up.
The following user(s) said Thank You: null0trooper, Wavehead, Mister D

More
14 Dec 2021 10:58 #976 by Wavehead
I’m really hoping you have more chapters of this great story in development :sogood:

Please :)

More
15 Dec 2021 05:59 - 15 Dec 2021 06:38 #990 by Angeldude
For some reason, I hadn't read book 3 when I saw this, so I figured I'd catch up. Now I'm not sure what to do for the next week beyond listen to Smash Bros music on loop.

Some brief thoughts on Call of the Light: hacker witch Ms. Lain (I see what you did there) is awesome and mildly terrifying despite being a normal human mutant, and Jordan unironically saying "Be not afraid" after just reforming her human body was amazing, along with introducing herself as Amariel before correcting herself.

With that out of the way, Jordan's adventures in hell had so much that I noticed that hadn't quite come together until the very end with spectacular brilliance. Pun very intended.

Warning: Spoiler!

I eagerly await the continuation and seeing her classmates' reactions when she shows up having tripled her wing count, among other things. Thank you, Erisian, for this incredible story!
Last edit: 15 Dec 2021 06:38 by Angeldude. Reason: attempted link; mixing up book titles

More
19 Dec 2021 23:15 - 19 Dec 2021 23:18 #1009 by Erisian
Replied by Erisian on topic Light And Shadow Discussion
Glad some folks have like it. :)

After finishing Light And Shadow, a kind reader helped out and sent me proofreading corrections for the entire saga to go along with my own re-reading of it all in prep for working on book five. Those corrections (of some cringe-worthy homophone abuses, typos, and just general 'how the heck did I miss this??' mistakes) are now posted. There's still stuff uncaught I'm sure, but a lot did get cleaned up.

So if anyone hasn't read these and is interested, it all started in 'Into The Light' which is available here in the WhatIF category. I tried posting a direct link, but it was removed (maybe because I haven't posted on the new forums enough).

Work on Book Five (tentatively titled 'The Light Between') is presently dancing about in the ol' noggin, and yes Khan-kitty should have much more scene-time in this one. ;)
Last edit: 19 Dec 2021 23:18 by Erisian. Reason: Some text got lost too.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wavehead, Mister D, Angeldude

Time to create page: 0.067 seconds