New? Arriving? (09 Aug 2021)

Required Reading:

If it is stickied, it is stickied for a reason. Please read it.

× Discussion space for stories in the Whateley Independent Fiction collection

Disruptor: Prologue (WIP)

More
14 Apr 2023 04:25 #2761 by Crazy Minh
I vomited into the toilet for what must have been the sixth time that morning, the chunks of indeterminate matter dripping down the sides of the bowl, leaving trails of discoloured liquid behind them. Behind me, my mother stood in the bathroom doorway, concern in her eyes. “Ashton, are you sure you’ll be alright, honey?” she asked me, resting a hand on my left shoulder. “You’ve been throwing up all morning. I don’t think it’s a good idea to go into-“I wiped my mouth clean, and stood up. “I’ll be fine, mum. I think it’s just something I ate. Anyway, I have an assessment task to deliver this morning; I can’t skip school just because I’ve got a mild case of food poisoning.”Still looking worried, my mother followed me out of the bathroom, and into my bedroom. The small space was neatly kept, with academic achievement awards lining the shelves above the bed, and a large bookcase decorating one wall. The only indications that a complete nerd resided in this space were the small army of tabletop miniatures neatly arranged on top of the dresser, and the signed picture of Leonard Nimoy sitting beside the bed. “Ash…” my mother started. I whirled around. “Mum, seriously. I’ll be fine. If anything happens, the school nurse will be on hand to sort things out.”She looked like she was about to say more, but closed her mouth, and walked out of the room. I shook my head as I packed my schoolbag. My first assessment task of eighth grade, and she wanted me to stay home and call in sick? I had a perfect attendance record, was top of my grade, and she thought I’d let a little…I nearly hurled again, but managed to reign in my rebellious innards. I had to admit, this was more than a small stomach bug. I felt my forehead, which was burning hot to the touch. Maybe mum was right? I shook my head, and continued packing my bag. No, I couldn’t afford to miss class. I had high prospects for my time after school, and if the rumours were to be believed, the student immediately behind me in grades- Ishida Suzume- had just manifested as a mutant. Some sort of high-level exemplar, which I knew would severely up the competition for top of the grade. I couldn’t afford to fall behind, not right at the start of middle school. I finished packing my bag, and was just standing up when a wave of nausea washed over me. I stumbled, and fell to my knees, just as my head began to throb harder than ever. The room swirled around me, and then I fell to the ground, feeling like I was being squeezed in a sandwich press. I vaguely heard my mother running up the stairs, yelling my name, before everything went black. My last thoughts were surprisingly petty. “Damn. If I die, I’ll be late to school.”
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wavehead

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 May 2023 14:00 #2836 by Wavehead
Replied by Wavehead on topic Disruptor: Prologue (WIP)
Good start imo. hope your going to post more of this story please 🙂

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.041 seconds