New? Arriving? (09 Aug 2021)

Required Reading:

If it is stickied, it is stickied for a reason. Please read it.

× This is a place where you can ask plot questions. Note that plot questions about events that have not yet happened are unlikely to get canon responses. But if there is something about a story that already released that you don't understand or if you are trying to piece things together, this is the place to ask.

Security turn over rate

More
09 Nov 2021 16:05 #765 by Cryptic
Disregarding when there is an "Oh, F--k, people are going to die." situation like the G1.1 Halloween dance how long does the average security member last at the school?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Nov 2021 19:29 #771 by Kristin Darken
Not something we've ever really discussed. But I'll give you a guess...

It's going to vary. Some of them are going to see it as a relatively cushy gig. After all, these guys are mostly military vets and a lot of them were special forces of some type or another. Doing patrols and providing general security on an isolated, well hidden facility is extremely low adrenaline for them. So the real extreme living on the edge types won't stay long. Some of the others will see the kids as powder kegs and not be able to handle the lack of control kept on the explosives. Those ones will put in their minimum couple years to get a good reference and network some before leaving. On the other hand, they DO see enough action and have to deal with potential problems with powered teens, that the sloppy and not so bright ones won't last long.

There's also a limited number of opportunities to 'move up'.

On the other hand, Whateley pays well and there are always opportunities for highly trained security in the corporate world and making that transition after putting aside money and building a network of supers that know you... could be very profitable. Even if you don't end up working as for one of them. Which is also a possible outcome... on both sides of the hero/villain equation.

Fate guard you, and may the Light brighten your Way.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cryptic, Dan Formerly Domoviye, Dreamer

More
20 Nov 2021 13:12 #834 by Cryptic
Replied by Cryptic on topic Security turn over rate
Thanks, that helps with a side character I'm fleshing out. In my head I was skewing his age a little to much to fit nicely to have him doing the job and have the teen he is looking after.
Sorry I seem to drop the Out of Left Field questions on you.

Time to create page: 0.040 seconds