New? Arriving? (09 Aug 2021)

Required Reading:

If it is stickied, it is stickied for a reason. Please read it.

× Something wrong? Broken? Having a problem accessing the site, registering, or logging in? Post here.

NOTE: While anyone may post here, these posts will only be seen by Staff. If you try to spam us or use this section maliciously, we will ban your IP... and possibly your entire region. Save us all the hassle and don't do it.

AGAIN: THESE POSTS ARE ONLY VISIBLE TO STAFF UNTIL WE APPROVE THEM FOR VIEW. ONCE YOU POST, YOUR POST WILL NOT BE VISIBLE. EVEN TO YOU.

******** NOTICE as of SEPT 6, 2022 *******
This section is temporarily locked for PUBLIC/GUEST use to reduce spam abuse on the forums. I may reopen it in a while but for now, if you need to contact me about a problem and you don't have a working account to post in the forums; please reach out by email or on Discord. My email can be found with a little effort (reading the forums). - Kristin

Account blocked

• Anonymous
  • Anonymous's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
28 Oct 2021 14:12 - 28 Oct 2021 21:22 #710 by Anonymous
Account blocked was created by Anonymous
Hi, I tried to create an account but never got an email to confirm it. I have tried logging in several times using my info fir the account but now it says it is blocked. My email is brandy******** remember the info for it so if that transferred over that maybe the problem as they would have the same email.
Last edit: 28 Oct 2021 21:22 by Kristin Darken. Reason: blocked out email address

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Oct 2021 21:38 #711 by Kristin Darken
Replied by Kristin Darken on topic Account blocked
Hi, thanks for checking in.

The first thing to understand is that registering is a several part process. One you didn't complete. By trying to log in multiple times before you were approved, your IP address triggered the brute force attack security. This will temporarily lock out your IP address, no matter what account you are using, even if you were approved.

When you register, the server sends you an email to verify your email address. You MUST follow the link in that email to confirm your email address, otherwise the software classifies your registration as fake (just as it will for email addresses that don't exist or that bounce our mail attempts). This is important because it keeps our site and domain reputation good with our mail distribution company and anti-spam sites.

Once you follow that link verifying your email address, our administrators receive an email notifying us of your registration and critical info that we can use to verify your IP address and email don't show up on hacking/spam lists. We click on a link in that email and it approves your account... which results in the server giving you access and sending you an email to let you know you are approved.

If you don't confirm your email address, I never get notified that you even tried to register. I CAN process registrations manually.. but I usually won't. Simply because the process is there for a reason... and while it isn't perfect protection against hackers or spammers, the fact that site isn't overflowing with spam posts... supports the idea that we're doing ok (not for lack of trying either, we get hundreds of fake registrations every day).

So the first step in resolving this, is to go back to the process. The server would definitely have sent you a verification email at the email address you entered for your registration. Please check that account carefully... look in your spam folder. Look anywhere it might have gotten filtered. Click on the verification link. IF you absolutely are certain that you don't have an email from us, send me an email at kristindarken at whateley.academy from the email account you registered.

Fate guard you, and may the Light brighten your Way.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mister D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.035 seconds