Displaying items by tag: Kristin Darken

Sunday, 25 July 2021 08:11

Picture: Tavi

Published in Artwork
Tagged under
Thursday, 01 April 2010 10:20

As Above, So Below

A Whateley Academy Tale  April Fool's Day Prank!

As Above, So Below

by Kristin Darken

Elsewhere. Outside time.

The black cloud that represented the Dark Master stood across the Anvil of Service from its opposite, the shimmering energy that was the Holy Light. The Keeper's Hall in which it stood would have been recognizable to any player of the game GEO in any of the mortal realms with whom they maintained contact. The two spoke of the entities they had recently found, tested, and allowed to grow strong throughout the Faded Lands. It was a language of refracted images and body movement with a fluidity only truly possible by incorporeal beings. The complexity of perspective and emphasis would make true translation impossible; yet that was exactly the difficulty they faced in any encounter with physical sentient creatures.

Monday, 14 October 2019 10:18

Noblesse Oblige: Part 1

A Story in Elrod's MAU Universe

Noblesse Oblige

by Kristin Darken

My grandfather passed early in the Spring, sitting on his porch watching a rainstorm. I wasn't there, hadn't even been in the state for more than a decade as I pursued my career in places more heavily populated and far less inclined to be fascinated by the power of mother nature. That didn't stop me from picturing the smile that would have splashed across his face as lightning flickered and he counted out the distance to the thunder. One Mississippi. Two choc-late pudding. Three cans of Pringles. And so on.. every set of five silly second long phrases marking a mile's distance to the bolt of energy.

Published in Library
Tagged under
Tuesday, 11 October 2016 14:38

Bridging the Veil

Published in Library
Wednesday, 17 February 2010 20:14

Like a Brick

Wednesday, 09 March 2005 19:44

Revelations

• Bittersweet Tea

• ReadingIsGood 1 week ago
      Creepy, yet sentimental. He...now she, remembers her friends and finishes her enemies.
  • Comments

• Kristin Darken Kristin Darken 1 month ago
      Commenting on the comment page. Very meta.
  • May Your Death Be Sweet

• DPRagan 2 weeks ago
      I do imagine once they various military recruiters saw that mini-Bolo, I imagine they are likely ...
  • Out of the Woods (Jordan Winters 6)

• Oz1eye Oz1eye 1 month ago
      A bitter-sweet ending there.
  • The Catch (Jordan Winters 7)

• Jayjay 3 weeks ago
      Jordan appears to me to be re-defining "interesting times". Great to watch. From a distance.

• Pyro Hawk 3 weeks ago
      Jordan is in no way going to run into major problems thanks to the three 'love interests' who are all ...
  • The TLC War

• Monica Rose 2 weeks ago
      When I started this story, I was put in the mind of a Cary Grant movie where he was dealing with one ...