New? Arriving? (09 Aug 2021)

Required Reading:

If it is stickied, it is stickied for a reason. Please read it.

× This section is for Second Generation stories, predominantly from the student body from Fall of 2016 to Spring of 2020.

Lady of the Ring by MaLAguA

More
06 Jun 2023 15:49 #2863 by Astrodragon

this is basically the last time Morgana could realistically be involved in this particular kind of f-ck up without Thulia there to catch it

Would it be fair to say that you see Thulia as a moderating influence on her fellow students?

In some respects concerning magic. However gives her views on safety this could be a double-edged sword. She will pay more attention to keeping Morgana from doing anything TOO stupid....
She probably will have words later with Morgana and Ceri about the Ring.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mhalpern

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jun 2023 21:27 #2864 by mhalpern

this is basically the last time Morgana could realistically be involved in this particular kind of f-ck up without Thulia there to catch it

Would it be fair to say that you see Thulia as a moderating influence on her fellow students?

Only when it comes to her girlfriend getting into stupid shit with magic, out of simple curiosity, jury is still out for everything else,

Micro scenes and bad ideas are freely adoptable

More
06 Jun 2023 21:52 #2865 by mhalpern

In some respects concerning magic. However gives her views on safety this could be a double-edged sword. She will pay more attention to keeping Morgana from doing anything TOO stupid....
She probably will have words later with Morgana and Ceri about the Ring.

to be fair, you try convincing a dragon to make sure there is a bottle of CO2 or expanding foam not too far from arms reach,,,

More
27 Jun 2023 00:00 #2933 by DanZilla
Lady of the Ring (Part 4) can be found in the Gen 2 section or by using the link below... and please remember our authors are doing this for the response they get... please leave comments where you can for appreciated stories or if you have anything to bring to the conversation of written word and readers.

whateley.academy/index.php/component/k2/...y-of-the-ring-part-4
The following user(s) said Thank You: null0trooper, Dan Formerly Domoviye

More
27 Jun 2023 02:23 #2934 by Dreamer
Replied by Dreamer on topic Lady of the Ring by MaLAguA
SPOILER ALERT
Below is a stream of conscious commentary I type up as I read the story. There will be details from the story included in it. If you have not read the story yet and don't wish to have details of it spoiled, read no further.

Lady of the Ring Part 4 comments
Warning: Spoiler!

Thank You for the story comments appreciated and help me know they are being read and liked. :-) Note: My story comments can't nor are trying to replace reading the stories, simply my way of enjoying them and letting the authors know I enjoy them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DanZilla, Schol-R-LEA, null0trooper, Dan Formerly Domoviye

More
27 Jun 2023 14:05 #2935 by Wasamon
Replied by Wasamon on topic Lady of the Ring by MaLAguA
Said it on Discord but I should say it here:

Mal, I love what you've been doing with some of these side characters. I don't know what plans Neo may have had for Firestep, but I can say that Bergholt "Stark" Stuttley was never intended as more than an in-joke on the spreadsheet, so to see him here lighting it up and being a menace is a joy to behold.

And this is why it's good to share your toys, folks ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: DanZilla, Schol-R-LEA, Dan Formerly Domoviye

More
01 Jul 2023 17:23 - 01 Jul 2023 17:29 #2936 by Schol-R-LEA
I suspect that the school administration is going to end up placing the ring in one of the secure lock-ups when all of this is said and done. It seems to be too dangerous for anyone to actually keep.

I am curious as to what Summoner is looking for.

Given the sheer number of devisor creations, random spirits, and minor Mythos beings in the tunnels, and the various mysteries hidden in therein, I wouldn't be surprised if some students would start up secret dungeon-crawling clubs, with the school administration desperately trying to corral those looking for that sort of adventure. Urban exploration taken to a new level. I can even see one or more of the teachers (e.g., Imp) surreptitiously setting up unofficial 'classes' in Dungeoneering, a la Tales of MU (warning, NSFW), though hopefully not involving the wholesale slaughter of (occasionally-)innocent sentient beings in this case... but then again, in ToM the 'Dungeoneering' and 'Mixed Melee' students are basically Jerk Jocks, so it is probably best not to copy that at all.
Last edit: 01 Jul 2023 17:29 by Schol-R-LEA.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dan Formerly Domoviye, Dreamer, mhalpern

More
02 Jul 2023 15:17 #2939 by mhalpern

I suspect that the school administration is going to end up placing the ring in one of the secure lock-ups when all of this is said and done. It seems to be too dangerous for anyone to actually keep.

I am curious as to what Summoner is looking for.

Given the sheer number of devisor creations, random spirits, and minor Mythos beings in the tunnels, and the various mysteries hidden in therein, I wouldn't be surprised if some students would start up secret dungeon-crawling clubs, with the school administration desperately trying to corral those looking for that sort of adventure. Urban exploration taken to a new level. I can even see one or more of the teachers (e.g., Imp) surreptitiously setting up unofficial 'classes' in Dungeoneering, a la Tales of MU (warning, NSFW), though hopefully not involving the wholesale slaughter of (occasionally-)innocent sentient beings in this case... but then again, in ToM the 'Dungeoneering' and 'Mixed Melee' students are basically Jerk Jocks, so it is probably best not to copy that at all.

that's assuming that they don't just have Eldritch destroy it, the danger of just putting it in a vault is that it can bring attention to itself, and a vault will always have people coming in to add more objects and something that small always has the risk of getting lost,

The following user(s) said Thank You: Schol-R-LEA

More
18 Jul 2023 00:00 #2958 by DanZilla
Lady of the Ring (Part 5)" can be found in the Gen 2 section or by using the link below... and please remember our authors are doing this for the response they get... please leave comments where you can for appreciated stories or if you have anything to bring to the conversation of written word and readers.

whateley.academy/index.php/component/k2/...y-of-the-ring-part-5
The following user(s) said Thank You: null0trooper, Mister D

More
18 Jul 2023 01:58 #2959 by Dreamer
SPOILER ALERT
Below is a stream of conscious commentary I type up as I read the story. There will be details from the story included in it. If you have not read the story yet and don't wish to have details of it spoiled, read no further.

Lady of the Ring Part 5 comments

Thank You for the story comments appreciated and help me know they are being read and liked. :-) Note: My story comments can't nor are trying to replace reading the stories, simply my way of enjoying them and letting the authors know I enjoy them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DanZilla, null0trooper, Dan Formerly Domoviye, mhalpern

More
18 Jul 2023 03:26 #2961 by mhalpern
How to get the ring off: when in doubt apply brute force, a nearby hydrokinetic would help, but mostly after its off, Morgana might not have the tuning fork, but she could use thermal expansion, heating the ring while say the hand that it is on is in water, once it is off, repeatedly shock tempering (again a certain hydrokinetic in the area would probably be key) it should make it brittle and easier to destroy with a blunt impact. It is gold, it crystalizes like other metals (and glass) heating it and rapidly quenching it will result it much more tightly bound molecules and make it more likely to shatter.

More
18 Jul 2023 07:33 #2962 by null0trooper

How to get the ring off: when in doubt apply brute force, a nearby hydrokinetic would help, but mostly after its off

Wouldn't it be easier to start with slow strokes to warm things up before moving on to the water-based lubricants?

"Stepping Out": Story link .

Story Discussion
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dan Formerly Domoviye

More
22 Aug 2023 00:00 #3002 by DanZilla
Lady of the Ring (Part 6) can be found in the Gen 2 section or by using the link below... and please remember our authors are doing this for the response they get... please leave comments where you can for appreciated stories or if you have anything to bring to the conversation of written word and readers.

whateley.academy/index.php/component/k2/...y-of-the-ring-part-6
The following user(s) said Thank You: null0trooper, Mister D

More
22 Aug 2023 01:26 #3003 by Naldru
Replied by Naldru on topic Lady of the Ring by MaLAguA
I'm just wondering how many parts this story may end up with. I think a few of the previous stories have gone over twenty parts. In the original Lord of the Rings, the fey played a large part, and I wonder if that will eventually happen here. When everything is finished, I have an image of "Ringbearers Anonymous", with the participants in the meetings filling a large auditorium.

More
22 Aug 2023 02:23 #3004 by Dreamer
SPOILER ALERT

Lady of the Ring Part 6 comments

The following user(s) said Thank You: DanZilla, null0trooper, Dan Formerly Domoviye

Time to create page: 0.078 seconds